How do I fix this problem?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

How do I fix this problem?

Postby JessGal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello guys,

I'm still new to pokertracker and I used it for about 2k hands.
For some reason, it doesn't work today when I try to auto-import the site (fulltilt)

Here's what it says: 2009/02/28 12:16:31: Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to execute query: INSERT INTO player VALUES (0, 0, '[Split Pot]', '[Split Pot]', 0, 0, FALSE);; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: invalid page header in block 251 of relation "player" )

How do I fix this?
JessGal

Re: How do I fix this problem?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:00 pm

There are two main reasons for this kind of error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
WhiteRider

Postby CMBurns » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 am

I have a similar problem with my PT DB.

When I try to import hands, PT loaded the HH files but stopped the Import with this message:

Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to execute query: INSERT INTO player VALUES (0, 0, '[Split Pot]', '[Split Pot]', 0, 0, FALSE);; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: invalid page header in block 1091 of relation "player" )

It's the same as above except the block number is different.

I tried to reindex the DB. It reindexed till holdem_hand_player_details and stopped reindexing with the message

reindexb: reindexdb of databes "PT3" failed: ERROR: invalid page header in block 969 of relation "player"

What can I do?
CMBurns

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am

This issue is often the result of faulty hardware or a system crash. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text "zero_damaged_pages = on" on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Stop Service and then Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Service and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
kraada

Return to General [Read Only]