password?

Any support related posts should go here.

password?

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:39 am

Hello,

this morning when I tried to run PT (I use windows XP) I got this error: The Microsoft Jet Database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I am obv the only user of my computer and there is just one windows profile. There are options ok and cancel, when I push
ok I get into some login window where I should enter login name and password, although I cant remember ever setting one for my PT database. Any idea how can I solve this?
Metroid

Re: password?

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:26 am

This means the database file is probably corrupted.

With Poker Tracker closed, try repairing the database following the steps listed here:
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/arc ... ght=repair

If it still gives the error, when did you last backup your database files, or compact the database in PT?
ptrack pat

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm

This means the database file is probably corrupted.

This is probably it, because I think my computer crashed while compacting a database.

However, I cant repair it the way it was explained in the link you gave me. I still get the message "The Microsoft Jet Database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."
Metroid

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 pm

With PT closed, go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. Is there a file called ptrack_backup.mdb there? If so, rename the ptrack.mdb file to ptrack_bad.mdb and then rename the backup file to ptrack.mdb and then try to open PT again.
ptrack pat

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:08 pm

that worked for me, thank you!
Metroid

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 pm

I sent you a PM with a link to a patch to try.
ptrack pat

Return to PTH Support