auto import error

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

auto import error

Postby Skipjack » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm

When I try to use spade eye to import hands I get this message:
Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to login to database (PT3 DB). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

It was working ok before today, but I get a lot of crashes and need to restart PT3
Skipjack

Re: auto import error

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:23 am

This means that postgres isn't running.
Please try starting the postgres service: Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL -> Start Service.
If that, and a reboot doesn't work, try stopping the service (Start -> Programs -> Postgres -> Stop Service), running a search on your computer for postmaster.pid and then deleting that file, then restarting the service and see if that helps.
Note that you may need to turn on 'View hidden files and folders', and the file seems to be in the folder './Program Files/postgresql//data'.
See also: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6332#p38285
WhiteRider

Postby Skipjack » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Whiterider, I got it to work by deleting the postmaster file, but then I had to reboot and start service again.
Skipjack

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 am

OK, great.
WhiteRider

Postby Kyyberi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:54 am

I have the same problem, but nothing helped me. Still getting the same error message. What can I do about it?
Kyyberi

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 am

What anti-virus software are you using?
Do you have any of the applications listed in the linked thread?
WhiteRider

Postby Kyyberi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:03 am

Well, looks like it is working again. I use F-secure, that might have caused some of the problems. I re-installed PT3, didn't help. Then I re-installed postgres, but it didn't let me use postgres username for a reason that I don't know. So I changed username and password.

Then I opened PT3 but the problem was still in there. So I stopped postgres and started it again, and after that it let me to import hands. But the next problem was that there was huge amount of red mambo jambo where there should have been hands and stats on PT3. So I went to Database Management, and saw that the problem was that the old database used different password than what I created when re-installing postgres. So I made a whole new database, with my new password.

Now it works again is supposed, too bad that my old database is now unavailable. When I try to change it to default/active database, PT3 informs me that the database does not exist. That doesn't really bother me, there were just few thousand hands in micro stakes that I don't care about. As I mostly play on networks that are not yet supported.

But anyway, my problem was fixed with re-installing and creating a whole new database. Started from a scratch, I would say.
Kyyberi

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]