Latest Problems with Stars

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Latest Problems with Stars

Postby sisnarf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 am

The latest version makes PT3 usable so that is a good start. I play 14 tables of 9max 2/4 on stars for about 5k hands a day. During the day I have around five crashes. It askes to restart PT3 which is inconvienient but not the end of the world. The main problem I'm having is when I exit PT3 it freezes my computer. I then have to log off stars and restart everything. This is a big problem and costs me a lot of money. I use window vista on a new HP. Is there something I'm supposed to do with my computer? I have been fixing problems with PT3 for 3 months now. Don't really understand why you guys made it. Everybody I know agrees the pt2 is better. Any helpful ideas besides, read the FAQ. or send a log file on a ticket that we will never reply to. Or just cluster the database . Or just search the forms for endless hours trying to find somebody else with the same problem. Or any other one liners you use to get to the next post to drag out probems for weeks.

Thanks
sisnarf

Re: Latest Problems with Stars

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 am

The problem with closing tables and shutting down PT3 on Vista should be fixed in the next version, due out within the next couple of days.
Development Timeline.
WhiteRider

Postby sisnarf » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:06 am

Good news. Thanks
sisnarf

Postby sisnarf » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:38 am

Another problem I forgot to mention.

Once the tables don't display stats I have to restart Pokertracker. Half the time it freezes my computer and I have to restart everything. It sounds like this is going to be fixed in the new version hopefully. Now if I'm lucky I'll exit PT3 and it wont freeze. Then I will go to open it back up and a pop up comes up and says its already open. I looked at my task manager and its definately not open. So again I have to restart my computer. Is anyone else having these issues? Sorry if I'm my bitching is driving you crazy. Seriously if I could send you a bill for how much pt3 has cost me it would be in the thousands.
sisnarf

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 am

This is a known issue and is fixed for the next release, due in the next couple of days.
WhiteRider

Postby sisnarf » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:15 am

That sounds good. Thanks again for your help. Must be a tough job. Probably have to deal with a thousand crying poker players like me a day.
sisnarf

Postby sisnarf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 am

Bad News!

Version 18 didn't change anything. Still can't #s on new tables. You guys are killin me. I definately have to go try out some of the competetors now. Not sure how much better there doing but its worth a try. You guys should just abondon the entire idea of PT3. Refund everybody with a appology and go fix a couple little bugs on pt2 and call it good. You should put a message before the purchase section that states,"Warning this is going to caue you countless hours of troubles and headaches" You will not be satisfied with out product and you will lose extra money playing poker." I would of signed you a check for 5k if you didn't allow me to try your product.
sisnarf

Postby Josh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:51 pm

sisnarf wrote:Bad News!

Version 18 didn't change anything. Still can't #s on new tables. You guys are killin me. I definately have to go try out some of the competetors now. Not sure how much better there doing but its worth a try. You guys should just abondon the entire idea of PT3. Refund everybody with a appology and go fix a couple little bugs on pt2 and call it good. You should put a message before the purchase section that states,"Warning this is going to caue you countless hours of troubles and headaches" You will not be satisfied with out product and you will lose extra money playing poker." I would of signed you a check for 5k if you didn't allow me to try your product.

Because you are having problems, we should refund and apologize to everyone? My car just broke down last week and needed repaired. Should everyone in the country who owns the same make and model vehicle get a refund and an apology from the manufacturer? Do you see the logic problem here?

It's unfortunate that you are having problems, but you are the exception, not the rule. Don't feed into the 2+2 madness that says everyone is having problems with PT3. That's simply not true. If you're willing to work with us, and have submitted log files and such, we will work with you to get things fixed.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby sisnarf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

LOL Actually big manufactures do make recall on products. They will even make public appologizes in newspapers. So not a very good example.

Everybody is having problems it the rule not the exception. I'm a pro, I spend my life in the poker world. All my friends play poker. We all hate pt3 equally.

I don't feed into the 2+2 madness. I'm a member of Stoxpoker and have started my own madness to encourge others not to buy your crap.

I have been patient and have been working with you for three months.

Sending log files must be a joke you guys have. I have sent three files. None of which have been replied to.

Everybody agrees holdem mangager is far superior. Goodbye PT3.

I would try to get a refund but my time is more valuable.
sisnarf

Postby Josh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:21 am

If the problem you are having were affecting every user, then you have a point. An isolated problem is not cause for refunding everyone.

Here's a fact. You opened a ticket about your Hud problem. I sent you a special build to test. That was over a month ago and I have not heard back from you. How am I supposed to resolve your problem when you don't tell me it's still occurring? For most people who have problems that we end up remote assisting, it turns out the problem was a simple configuration issue. Perhaps you, like others before you, are simply missing a configuration option. We don't know because you refuse to help us.

You are in the overwhelming minority as far as this is concerned. At initial release, a small portion of our customers were having problems, maybe 10%. Every release since then has resolved problems for more and more people. We are making very good progress and right now very, very few people are having issues with the Hud. Since the remaining Hud problems are so rare, they are very hard to diagnose and fix. This is why we need your help. For something that cannot be reproduced on my own computer, I cannot fix with 100% confidence. That's why I send test versions out, and that's why you need to reply with feedback on the test versions. Fortunately for us and everyone else, most customers (and potential customers) understand this and don't have a problem working with us.

It's fine that you think our competition is better. That's the beauty of the free market. You get to choose. However, I have no doubts that you will want to resume using PT3 in the future. It's just unfortunate that you won't spend the few minutes it takes to send us the information that will go a long way towards resolving your problem.
Josh
Site Admin

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]