poss. corrupt database

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

poss. corrupt database

Postby dorado16 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:39 am

i posted this on 2P2 about a week ago

so i had to make a new database when i d/l'ed the official PT3 when it came out. it said my old database (1 million hh's) was outdated. not that big of deal so i make a new database and try to export/re-import the hands into that one. however, i get this message when i try to export

"unable to execute query: select hhh.id_hand from holdem_hand_histories hhh, holdem_hand_histories hhh, holdem_hand_summary hhs Where hhs.id_hand=hhh id_hand and hhs.id_site=300;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: could not read block 9543 of relation 1663/25306/33823: Invalid argument"

any way to fix this? i did get some very recent HH's from a different site (stars) exported into the designated folder but theres still a ~1 million from FT

edit: damnn Poker Ace you must be bogged down with all these support questions

i can still access all the stats and whatnot in the DB so idk what to do to export these hands
dorado16

Re: poss. corrupt database

Postby dorado16 » Sat May 24, 2008 2:03 pm

should i just go ahead and delete it? is it even save-able?
dorado16

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Do you have the hand history files from when you first created the database?
If you do, just import from there and don't worry about the DB.
I'm afraid I don't know about the DB error, but it doesn't sound good..
WhiteRider

Postby dorado16 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:40 pm

crap

the folder auto empties after a little while, generally when i shut down FTP
dorado16

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 24, 2008 4:45 pm

Yes, but if you have "move processed files to" enabled, it should be moving them.
Not sure what happens for observed hands if you close FT and stop auto import in different orders, but I know that I have hand histories in the backup folder from FT observed hands. Have a look, you might too.. If not, try stopping auto import before closing FT.
I don't think FT removes your played hands histories, does it? So they should definitely be there.. Although if you are talking about old hands, then I guess they may have been removed.
WhiteRider

Postby dorado16 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:08 am

ohhh ok i see what your talking about

my computer>c:> program files> PT3> processed

theres a ton of files in there, should i just have PT3 import all of them? what will PT3 do with the duplicates that are deff. going to be in there? does it just not upload the duplicates or what? i would think that having a bunch of copies ofthe same hand in PT3 would skew the stats lol
dorado16

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 am

Yes, just do a MANUAL import of those files - PT3 will ignore all duplicates so you won't get 2 copies of any hands in the DB.
WhiteRider

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]