PT simply won't open

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT simply won't open

Postby vespino » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:23 am

I can't get PT to open. I click on the icon and the small Poker Tracker 3 banner appears in the centre of the screen. But then nothing happens. If I go back to try and open it again it says I have PT open already. Aaaaggh.
It WAS working fine by the way and now doesn't want to cooperate. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do, after paying $80 only three or four days ago?
vespino

Re: PT simply won't open

Postby keggler » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 pm

if you're running under windows, goto the task manager and kill any pokertracker (NOT postgres) processes you see running, and try again.

susan
keggler

Postby vespino » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 am

I've finally got PT3 to open but keep getting this error message (and it looks like my database is empty now):

unable to login to database (PT3 DB) reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably means the server terminated the connection abnormally before or while processing the request

I've had no end of problems with poker tracker now. I only bought it a month or so ago and it has been useful for probably a week or less. Do I have to uninstall the whole thing and then re-install, or should I just forget it and you give me my money back?
vespino

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 am

This looks like postgres isn't running, or is being stopped.
Can you see any postgres processes under Task Manager / Processes?
If not, try to start postgres: Start -> Programs -> Postgres -> STart Service. Does that work, do you see postgres processes now?
WhiteRider

Postby vespino » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:41 am

many thanks for such a quick response.
Postgres is open (it says so in task manager). Task manager also seems to think there are two pokertracker.exe processes running.

I've got PT3 open and just tried auto-import and it seems to start importing hands but then stops and comes up with multiple lines of the same error message:

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 DB). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request

Help!
vespino

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 am

vespino wrote:Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 DB). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request

After you get this error, can you still see postgres processes running?
WhiteRider

Postby vespino » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:51 am

Yes!
vespino

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 am

OK, I'm not a postgres expert, so I'm not sure what the next step is, but Please enable logging, reproduce the problem and submit your PokerTracker.log to the
Support system , and link to this thread.
WhiteRider

Postby keggler » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 pm

look in your system event log and post back the error associated with the server closing...

susan
keggler

Postby vespino » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:08 am

Done that I think. Got a ticket number anyway.

Thanks
vespino

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]