Application: HoldemLuck/TourneyLuck v0.20 (Updated:2/28/10)

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Application: HoldemLuck/TourneyLuck v0.20 (Updated:2/28/10)

Postby alonalbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 am

Mod Edit: Per Alon's request, this is now going to be the official thread for both HoldemLuck and TourneyLuck, both of which are packaged together, and the most recent version is available in this post.

I've been using PokerEv to evaluate my all in luck for some time now. However, there are some things I don't like about it:
* It's slow
* It only accounts for money gone in after all in and ignores money in earlier streets.

advis0r posted a nice replacement called AllinCalc but it has a few shortcomings too:
* Still slow
* No GUI, it just creates an image and summary files and reads filters and configuration from a file
* No multiway pots
* No expected /actual winnings in graph, just the difference.

I decided to write my own application. To make it fast, I use a different approach than both AllinCalc and PokerEv. When HoldemLuck starts, it finds all new all in hands that occurred since the last time it ran. It calculates the equity in these pots and stores it in the PT3 database as a new table called holdem_pot. This makes it really fast when defining new filters and running it again since all the hard stuff is stored in the DB.

Other nice things about HoldemLuck:
* Supports Multiway pots
* Hovering on the graph will display a tooltip with the pot pointed at.
* You can zoom in on the graph
* Quick filters for day, week, month etc.
* Load new hands while application is running
* Save image from right click menu
* Loads DB settings directly from PT3 configuratoion

The toolbar icons are very minimalistic:
R - Refresh
F - Filters (not implemented yet)
C - Clear all filters
T - Todays pots
W - This weeks pots
M - This month
Y - This year
A - All time

Requires .NET 2.0 which you can get from microsoft.com somewhere if you don't have it already.
alonalbert

Re: New Application: HoldemLuck

Postby advis0r » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:39 pm

nice, i knew that storing all the info in the database would make it faster and better to use for guis etc but i left that up for the pt3 devs.

im getting this error when starting:
"Can't find PokerTracker3 on your machine" any way to tell it manually what DB to look at/where PokerTracker.cfg is at ? ;)

do you plan on posting the source so we can compile the exe on our own? some people are paranoid about poker application exe files ;)

why does company tag on exe say "Google" ? :P
how about a version number?
advis0r

Postby alonalbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 pm

advis0r wrote:nice, i knew that storing all the info in the database would make it faster and better to use for guis etc but i left that up for the pt3 devs.

Yeah, sorry to steal your thunder though hopefully, both our efforts will become obsolete soon when PT3 does equity. I actually started work on this before PokerEv came out and stopped when I discovered it but your app pulled me back in :)

advis0r wrote:im getting this error when starting:
"Can't find PokerTracker3 on your machine" any way to tell it manually what DB to look at/where PokerTracker.cfg is at ? ;)

Hmm, it tries to find your PokerTracker install directory from the registry. I'm not at my dev machine so I don't remember exactly what registry entry it is. I think it's LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/PokerTracker3/InstallDir or something like that.
Can you check if you have that key or something simmilar?
I can add a manual DB config for cases like these but will only have this tomorrow cause like I said, I'm not on my dev machine.

advis0r wrote:do you plan on posting the source so we can compile the exe on our own? some people are paranoid about poker application exe files ;)

Maybe, if there's enough interest.

advis0r wrote:why does company tag on exe say "Google" ? :P
how about a version number?

Ahh, Google is my day job, when I'm not playing poker. My laptop is company issue so it's registered to Google :) I'll add a version number and change the company name for next build.
alonalbert

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks for doing this, once there's a version number I'll fix the title and sticky it for you so that people can find it more easily.
kraada

Postby advis0r » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 pm

alonalbert wrote:Hmm, it tries to find your PokerTracker install directory from the registry. I'm not at my dev machine so I don't remember exactly what registry entry it is. I think it's LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/PokerTracker3/InstallDir or something like that.
Can you check if you have that key or something simmilar?
I can add a manual DB config for cases like these but will only have this tomorrow cause like I said, I'm not on my dev machine.

i only extract the pt3 files everytime, got no installation thus no registry entries.
if someone tells me the right entry names i will create them on my own.
advis0r

Postby sookmctourie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:57 pm

Big thanks from me also. I love the hands tab. Lots of info available. The program worked for me without a hitch. I have one question though. In the hands tab, the community cards are missing for a number of hands. Any explaination for this? I was in a hand with pockets 10's against pocket 9's. I may have lost to a nine or flush or straight.

Art

Edit: My bad. Next column has final board cards.
sookmctourie

Postby mtagliaf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:31 pm

works flawlessly.

I will name my next child after you (or at least my next pet) if you provide SNG support.
mtagliaf

Postby alonalbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 pm

mtagliaf wrote:works flawlessly.

I will name my next child after you (or at least my next pet) if you provide SNG support.

Well, not flawless by any streatch. Still a few small things miising that I want to add later.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is aboout the rake. As I mentioned above, HoldemLuck works in multiway hands so it has to calculate side pots. Unfortunatly, PT3 doesn't have side pot rake information so I had to create a rake calculator. Since every poker site calculates rake differently, I need to know how they do it in order to write the calculator. The current version only has a calculator for Full Tilt since that is where I play. If you play at a different site and would like the rake to work properly, please post the rake schema for the site you want and I will add it. In the meantime, sites other than FTP are calculated with zero rake.

As for SNG, what exactly would you like the graph to show? Expect winings in chips, big blinds or some sort of ICM calculation? ICM invloves knowing the payout structure so I'd have to hard code the structure for each type of SNG which could get tricky. I guess I can start with chips/big blinds. I want to add BB to the cash version anyway.

I'll take a look at the tournament database structure in the next few days and see what it looks like.
alonalbert

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 pm

For what it's worth, the tournament database structure is nearly identical to the cash database structure, there's a few extra fields for things like tournament results, but it's largely the same.
kraada

Postby enet » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:25 pm

Unfortunately the app doesn't work for me - it crashes at the "PotFinderForm" on startup when beginning calculation equity. I'm using Windows XP with all updates - any ideas?
enet

Next

Return to General [Read Only]