Exporting Saved Filters?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Exporting Saved Filters?

Postby ghostses » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:57 am

Questions, I have installations of PT running on two separate computers, and keep them both updated by importing the HH and results into both. Now my questions- On the tourney tab\filters option, I have setup custom filters to look at certain situations and have them saved. How do I export these to import to my other computer? Or which files are they stored in so I can move them? Any ideas?
ghostses

Re: Exporting Saved Filters?

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:06 am

Unfortunately that's not possible at this point. The filters information is saved in the actual database and there's no method of exporting it within PT3.

If you're willing to get your hands a bit dirty, the data is specifically saved in the settings table as filters:holdem-cash and filters:holdem-tourney, you can get the value of that setting on your current database using PGAdminIII and insert it into the new database on the other computer and that should bring over all of your filters. Alternately you can just rebuild them and save them on the new machine, which you should only need to do once.
kraada

Postby ghostses » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Kraada, I've found the entries in the DB no problem and copied one for a test. That was simple, but- when I reopen the application the new filter does not show up in the dropdown list. I tried running housekeeping, restarting the db services and the PT app, but it still didn’t display. I have confirmed that the name and string did stay once saved- and they did. Any ideas? Is there perhaps another table elsewhere that contains the list entries? Thanks for the comments!
ghostses

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Kraada is off today, but I'm sure he'll get back to you about this tomorrow. I'm not sure what else you'll need to do myself, I'm afraid.
WhiteRider

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 am

Well, I just did a little bit of testing and it looks like I was close but not exactly correct in the way I described things. The filters information is saved in the settings table, but each saved filter gets its own row, so you'll need to save them a little differently.

For example, I just created a simple filter "Since December 2008", which is just what it sounds like. It has Setting Name of "filters-holdem-cash:Since December 2008" and Setting Value of " BEG SEC:Holdem Cash TYP:AND BEG SEC:Holdem Cash TYP:AND FLT:Date Played - Since DSC:Played Since: 2008/12/01 PRM:'2008/12/01 00:00:00' END END". The easiest thing to do will be to just back up the whole Settings table, then restore that table on your other machine instead of going value by value.
kraada

Postby herrbert74 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 am

I just started a new database and faced the same problem.

It should be a very basic functionality to save and import my filters.

What is 'filters.xml.pte' and 'FilterDefinitions.pt3' then?
herrbert74

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Those files hold the structure of the standard filters.
I've pushed the export/import/saving-outside-the-database of filters myself, and it's in our bug tracker to be added, but I can't say when it will be done.
WhiteRider

Postby denutza » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Looks like this problem is 2 yrs old, but it happened to me today...Had some very complex filters for Omaha HL starting hands.
Didnt see that one coming or I wouldve manually backed them up.
denutza

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 am

You can backup your filters using the Backup mechanism.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]