New Release: 3.00 build 4

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

New Release: 3.00 build 4

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 pm

There are many new features in this release since build 3. Here is a list of some of the major changes:

• New Sites: Boss Media and the new Cereus Network
  • Selective purging of sessions/tournaments
  • Tournament result entry improvements
  • New stats and filters
  • Further improvements to performance, particularly Hud performance
For a complete list of changes, see the PT3 Build History / Release Notes thread.

We've started adding new sites with this release. One of our top priorities right now is to add new site support at a more rapid pace. We expect our next beta release to contain support for two new sites with more following in future beta releases. We also plan on adding more of the highly requested features. Keep your eye on our Development Roadmap for more information on where future development is heading.

It would seem that most of the performance and stability problems are behind us now. For those of you who experienced them and worked with us to resolve them, we extend our gratitude. We know it's frustrating dealing with problems in software you use. We share your frustration, but we also share your excitement when the problem is finally resolved. Anyone who still experiences problem, we will continue to work with you to resolve them to the best of our ability.

Thanks again for your support. Please let us know if you have any problems, questions or comments regarding the new release.
Josh
Site Admin

Re: New Release: 3.00 build 4

Postby feint06 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:42 pm

And reason to upgrade from b24?
feint06

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 pm

It fixes some hero stat issues and a tournament import issue regarding aliases.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby GoCobbers95 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:07 pm

I keep getting an error message that says

Error opening file for writing

This happens after I download and am trying to install.

Thanks for the help
GoCobbers95

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 pm

You need to stop PT3 before installing the new version.
WhiteRider

Postby Mr_Kurns » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 pm

It would seem that most of the performance and stability problems are behind us now.

OMFG, is this a joke? I could upgrade the database but that was it, then I had to cancel the program because it crapped out!
Mr_Kurns

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Mr_Kurns wrote:It would seem that most of the performance and stability problems are behind us now.

OMFG, is this a joke? I could upgrade the database but that was it, then I had to cancel the program because it crapped out!

I did not claim that all the problems are resolved. We have thousands of users. There are a handful that have problems. If you continue to work with us, we will do what we can to resolve your issues as well.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby SGTJAKEY » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:26 pm

I am now unable to use PT3 since upgrading to build 4. After installing build 4, I opened PT3 and got an error message that my registration could not be verified. I closed it and reopened it and did not get that error message again. I got a message that the db needed to be updated. I allowed it to update, then did full housekeeping. Now when I play and attempt to import hands, I get this in the "import status" window in red letters...........

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: PT is configured to import into an outdated DB. This must be corrected before an import can succeed.

Also, every time I open PT3, I get the same stoopid message that I have to update the DB (even tho its already been updated several times).

What do I do?
SGTJAKEY

Postby Josh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Did you go from beta 24 back to a previous beta? If so, you will need to create a new database. For some reason the update failed, and usually this is caused by going from beta 24 to beta 23.

Even if that's not the case, creating a new database should solve the problem. If you create a support ticket, we can help configure your existing database to work properly.

We are not ignoring problems. We simply have limited resources. We are working on expanding our development team, but it won't be possible to solve all the problems at once.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby SGTJAKEY » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 pm

I just created a support ticket. Please get back to me asap so I can get back to work. Thanks.
SGTJAKEY

Next

Return to General [Read Only]