PT3 compatible with Macintosh

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 compatible with Macintosh

Postby sisnarf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:19 pm

If no, will it ever be? If so what is the best computer I could buy for 24 tabling. Whats the best computer thats not a mach I can get for 24 tabling?

Thanks for you help

Ryan
sisnarf

Re: PT3 compatible with Macintosh

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 am

Several people have PT3 running on Wine/crossover/parallels etc already. There will be a Mac version, but I doubt it will be before the end of the year.
I'm not going to try to give you detailed specs, but any half-decent system with a big, fast, hard disk should do you (once we get the remaining HUD issues out of the way).
WhiteRider

Postby mlagoo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi, I apologize for this, but I just wanted to confirm that the Crossover application will allow me to run PT3? Is anyone currently using PT3 on a Mac via Crossover? Any reports on how it's been, how bad lag is, etc? My concern is that this isn't like a sick high performance machine (2ghz core2duo, 1gb 667mhz ddr2 sdram), and I feel like running a whole Windows Op Sys on it will just be too much for it to handle (it already freaks out sometimes between FTP/Stars/AIM/Firefox/iTunes), and something like Crossover makes more sense... But I wanna make sure it will actually work before I go out and buy a $70 piece of software.

Thanks,
mlagoo
mlagoo

Postby BatsShadow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Crossover costs money. Try Wine and also USE THE DEMO BEFORE YOU BUY PT! You can find out for yourself if it works before paying. For what it's worth, I run PT3 and Stars under Wine on Ubuntu. Wine gets better with every release. Search the forums. I posted some instructions on how I got PT working on Wine many months ago.
BatsShadow

Postby playmobile » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:00 pm

when leaving PT3 on mac ? thank you
playmobile

Return to General [Read Only]