Trouble Importing/Housekeeping

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Trouble Importing/Housekeeping

Postby defence18 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:18 pm

After I manual import some hands I've played on Stars, I'm getting errors. I tried upgrading to the new beta version, but am still getting them.
After attempting to import certain hands, I get these errors in the import status:

Unable to import hand. Reason: Unable to execute query: COPY holdem_hand_summary FROM STDIN;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "holdem_hand_summary_primary_key" CONTEXT: COPY holdem_hand_summary, line 1: "1946 100 3 3395 23481928395 2009/01/02 05:50:18 2009/01/02 00:57:18 9 2 2 2 2.50 -0.00 -0.00 -0.00 5..." )
The numbers at the end change, but the words are the same for several hands.

After Housekeeping, I get these:
Unable to execute query: CREATE TABLE "new_holdem_hand_player_detail" AS SELECT * FROM "holdem_hand_player_detail" ORDER BY id_player DESC, id_hand DESC;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: could not read block 13434 of relation 1663/16403/33648: Invalid argument )
Unable to execute query: VACUUM FULL;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: could not read block 8934 of relation 1663/16403/33655: Invalid argument )
Unable to execute query: ANALYZE;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: could not read block 1579 of relation 1663/16403/33666: Invalid argument )

Any idea what this is or what I can do about it?
defence18

Re: Trouble Importing/Housekeeping

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 am

There are two main reasons for this kind of error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
WhiteRider

Postby defence18 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:51 pm

So what are these errors? What do they prevent PT3 from doing that it should be doing? IOW, how big of a deal is it? FWIW, the Housekeeping errors are what I'm concerned with. I got the other errors fixed.
defence18

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 pm

The housekeeping failed as a result of the errors, so no changes were made to your database. Once you follow WhiteRider's instructions you should be able to re-run housekeeping and it should complete successfully.
kraada

Postby defence18 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 pm

I re-installed Postgres and PT3 b/c I couldn't remember my Postgres pw. The import errors i cited were taken care of. The housekeeping errors did not go away. During the import, I got 2 other errors: a pot size error, and an unexpected limit error. Are these now causing the housekeeping errors?
defence18

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:05 pm

No those errors will not cause the housekeeping problems.

Did you try following WhiteRider's instructions above to see if that helped? They still might help so if you haven't tried it before try it now.
kraada

Postby llamataboot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 am

I am getting these errors again also (though the duplicate values are in the player_id primary key). Housekeeping tells me to reindex, but a reindex fails because of the duplicate values. In the meantime, PT3 runs at a crawl.

I don't mind deleting the troublesome hands entirely (this started after a computer crash), but I have no idea how to find them. What would a sort look like that would only show rows where a single hand has the same player twice?
llamataboot

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:43 am

The "Could not read block X" errors happen when the database cannot read a file on your hard drive, it doesn't have to do with duplicates.

Try running scandisk on your computer and having it set to scan and fix bad blocks.

Double click My Computer, right click on your C: drive, click Properties. On the Tools tab, make sure "automatically fix filesystem errors" is checked as well as "scan for and attempt recovery of bad blocks". Then click "Check Now" (this is all under the Error Checking section).

When that finishes, try reindexing again.
kraada

Postby defence18 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm

I couldn't follow the directions WhiteRider gave b/c it still says my password cannot be authenticated even though I kept the PT3 settings as they were.
defence18

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 am

The default password is dbpass, but if that doesn't work, you can remove the need for postgres passwords: How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password.
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]