Fatal Error

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fatal Error

Postby KeokiWright » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 pm

I am new with PT3. I have used for 4 days or so and just recently received this message when I began auto import:

2009/04/29 20:00:51: Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to execute query: INSERT INTO player VALUES (0, 0, '[Split Pot]', '[Split Pot]', 0, 0, FALSE);; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: invalid page header in block 375 of relation "player" )

And when I go under the Texas Holdem tab, I no longer have a list of players on the left hand side, it just says loading.

Have I lost all the hands that I played the last 4 days? I hope that I did not post in the wrong area, I tried copy and pasting parts of and the hole message with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated
KeokiWright

Re: Fatal Error

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 am

There are two main reasons for this kind of error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
WhiteRider

Postby chrissyweiss » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 am

i got the same problem, but in my start > programs > postgresql 8.3 > ... is another menu consisting of Documentation > / Reload configuration / application stack builder / pg admin III / sql shell (psql) / start server / stop server /

so where to type in the stuff...
chrissyweiss

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:34 am

You have the postgres command prompt there: "sql shell (psql)" for the first part, and you should have an Edit PostgreSQL.conf link there too? It doesn't matter exactly which menu it is in - it will be the same thing.
WhiteRider

Postby chrissyweiss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 am

where to put in what? i dont get it, sorry :-(
chrissyweiss

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 am

You're clicking the psql to Postgres link. For the reindexdb command you need to click the Command Prompt link; these don't run the same programs.
kraada

Postby chrissyweiss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:18 am

so where is the command promt? thats the menu: Image
chrissyweiss

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:56 am

It looks like you installed using the one click Postgres installer? They have a slightly different menu - and you're right, it's not there.

Click Start --> Run type cmd and hit enter.
Then type:
cd "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\"
and hit enter

Then type reindexdb -a and it should work.
kraada

Postby chrissyweiss » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 am

ok, i did that, but i had to use the "reindexdb -U postgres -a" command. then i got the error:
"reindexdb: reindexing of database "PT3 DB" failed: error: invalid page header in block 1594 of relation "holdem_hand_summary" "
what could that mean?
chrissyweiss

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:52 am

That means do the second thing that WhiteRider posted :)
kraada

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]