fatal error importing hands

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

fatal error importing hands

Postby pphhiasnh024 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:41 pm

I just downloaded the upgrade and now i have an error importing hands:

2009/07/01 20:40:44: PokerStars: Unable to import hand (#29999449005). Reason: Unable to execute query: COPY holdem_hand_player_statistics FROM STDIN;; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "f" CONTEXT: COPY holdem_hand_player_statistics, line 1, column cnt_players: "f" )

what do i do?
pphhiasnh024

Re: fatal error importing hands

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:25 am

There are two main reasons for this kind of error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
WhiteRider

Postby pphhiasnh024 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:14 am

i tryed the first thing you mentioned but after i type ...... it asks for a password
pphhiasnh024

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 am

Try 'dbpass' (without the quotes).

If that doesn't work, follow this FAQ and then you won't need a password.
kraada

Postby pphhiasnh024 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:10 pm

so i tryed the first thing and found the password and that process didnt seem to work.

for the second thing to do it wont allow me to save the file??
pphhiasnh024

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Disable UAC (tutorial) then try the second one again.
kraada

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]