Using the database cache

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Using the database cache

Postby RatAttack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 am

I noticed playing on Crypto last week that PAHUD was treating a player I have played over 15k hands with as a new player. I then disabled the cache and restarted PAHUD, and the correct stats appeared for that player. I am now playing with the cache disabled, and I'm not noticing any problems. However my PT database is huge, well over a million hands, is this likely to slow things down if I don't use the cache? I usually play 9 tables so I tend not to notice the stats updating, I only refer to them when needed. I can play on FullTilt with the cache enabled and do not experience any problems, is this an issue with Crypto (Interpoker)?

Cheers
RatAttack
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Using the database cache

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 am

It sounds like your cache may have been corrupted and you will need to rebuild it.

With that many hands and the cache disabled stats will take longer to initially display as well as longer to update.

Open 'My Computer', browse to your main PokerAce Hud directory then go Data/Temp. Delete any file named DBCache*.*. Re-enable the cache in PokerAce Hud and it will be completely rebuilt and should resolve the issue. Remember, the cache creation can take awhile since you have so many hands so do this overnight or when you will not be at your computer...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Using the database cache

Postby RatAttack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 am

OK, done that. I'll be playing on Crypto again from tomorrow so hopefully that's done it, although it only took about a minute and a half to create the cache so hopefully it worked OK.
RatAttack
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 am


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests