Microsoft Jet database engine

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Microsoft Jet database engine

Postby seaweed » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Hello there,

when I try to open Pt 2 I get this message now - The microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempying to change the same dats at the same time.

Then when i click ok i get a log in box.

I did a search on here and found a relevant post - http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewt ... ped#p18249

But when i get to the final step i cannot find the file called ptrack_backup.mdb?

I also get the same message when i try to open PAHUD, and again get the log in box, when i close the log in box i get the message - SQL Connection exception: Error fetching information: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open.

Thanks in advance.
seaweed

Re: Microsoft Jet database engine

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:25 pm

Have you been backing up your database files on your own? If not, then the file is corrupted and without any backups you'll have try to rebuild the database from the hand histories as detailed in the 4th thread of this post:
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/arc ... t=exporthh
ptrack pat

Postby seaweed » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Pat,

Many thanks for the reply, is this the only solution? as it does sound very complicated for someone like me!!!!

I`ll give it a go, but have a feeling I`ll have problems.

If I was to upgrade to PT3 would this make it easier?

Regards.
seaweed

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm

It won't make it easier unless you wanted to start PT3 with an empty database. If you have problems let me know.
ptrack pat

Postby seaweed » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Pat,

Followed the instructions in the thread and got to the stage where ive clicked "force import", all im getting at the moment is the egg timer, is this normal?

Imagine it will take a long while?

Thanks again.
seaweed

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 pm

How many hands did it export? Figure PT should be able to do abour 30,000 hands/hour.
ptrack pat

Postby seaweed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Hello again Pat,

Stopped it after roughly 2 hours, nothing seemed to be happening, just the egg timer, then when i tried to shut it down I got the usual message i get all the time when shutting PT down about non responsive program etc.

Think it said something about 1700 files?

Anyway........... when i sat down to play poker, I started up PT and it works fine now with PAHUD, but Ive lost all my stats/hand hists? they only seem to go as far back as the 15th of this month for some reason? when in fact they go back years!!

Any suggestions? should I repeat the process again?

as said it seems to be working fine, just that its only imported hands for the last two days.

Regards.
seaweed

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:06 pm

If there were 1700 files and each file contained 100 hands then that's 170,000 hands which would take a long time to reimport. It may seem "frozen" or not responding but it is working. I suggest you try to reimport again maybe before you go to bed and just let it run overnight.
ptrack pat

Postby seaweed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello again,

Just opened PT2 up, and clicked on file - auto import hand hists/ tournament etc, pointed it to the file I created C:/Export hands and clicked force import, It says "Starting import 1,749 files found...."

Then just the egg timer, nothing else, is this correct?

Thanks again.
seaweed

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Yes, the redraw kind of stops but it should still be importing. If you go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder you should notice the size of the ptrack.mdb file is growing (hit F5 on Windows Explorer to refresh the view and you should see it's growing) in size.
ptrack pat

Next

Return to PokerTracker Holdem