Got it running on Mac

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Got it running on Mac

Postby Botch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:08 am

My main computer died last night, leaving me with no tracker, and I couldnt take it anymore! I also don't like using parallels as my macbook ins't quite fast enough for my likings to use it, so I looked for an alternative, and there was none. So I looked around for a few posts here and that lead me to "Crossover". Heres what I did.

First thing you need is Crossover for Mac which can be found here: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
I had TONS of problems with the 6.0 version, but using the 6.2 version, I had no problems installing at all. This program may be for Intel macs only, I dont know

Secondly, download pokertracker3 of course :)

Third, you will need to install Postgresql on your mac. This may be for intels only again, but I am not sure. I got it here: http://www.postgresqlformac.com/ and I downloaded the 8.2.5 unified installer.

Unzip and run the POSTGRESQL .PKG you downloaded , fairly self explanatory. There are readme's as well in the package after you open it. Go to the /Server folder and run the file in there, and it will do an automated install of postgreSQL, and then install Client Tools if you want.

Once you have that installed, open up Crossover, and go to "install software". It will take a minute to refresh a list of software, then you can choose "unsupported software". At this point it may as you to make a bottle, but I just used the default WINXP bottle. Choose install File option, and select the PT3.exe install file, and install it wherever you want. Once you do that, just go to your folder that you installed it too, and run the Pokertracker.exe and it should open automatically with Crossover. It will then prompt you to set up your postgresql database information, then it will open PT3 like normal :)

Im sure theres a bunch of stuff I forgot to write, but this should get you in the general direction.

Hope that helps some of you on macs while we wait for a native version :)
Botch

Re: Got it running on Mac

Postby APerfect10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:26 am

Good information. Thank you :)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby melioris » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:40 pm

my pants are feeling a little funny after reading this thread.
melioris

Postby Av9114 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:39 pm

I've been playing around with PT3 & crossover. After it runs for a few minutes the wineloader process becomes unresponsive, and it creates a spin dump process. PT3 still seems to function fine but the spin dump just wastes CPU cycles. Can anyone else that has PT3 working check theirs to see if they are having this issue as well.
Av9114

Postby Botch » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:22 am

I haven't come across that problem yet, and I havent closed the program for a few days. It sounds like the problem i was having with an earlier version of crossover though. You using the latest version? 6.2 i think
Botch

Postby Av9114 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:46 am

Yeah I'm using 6.2.1. So when you open activity manager how much of your CPU is it using?
Av9114

Postby gjvh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Im getting this error when Im trying to install PostgreSQL:

Failed to open the Secondary Logon Service: Service does not exist

Any ideas?

I did everything you described in your post.
gjvh

Postby jmefrisco » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:38 pm

[quote="gjvh"puf]Im getting this error when Im trying to install PostgreSQL:

Failed to open the Secondary Logon Service: Service does not exist

Any ideas?

I did everything you described in your post.[/quotepuf]

i got to this point too!!

someone, anyone, help!!!!!
jmefrisco

Postby XxGeneralxX » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:58 am

Has anyone got a HUD to work on the mac? I just finally got PT3 to work on my mac w/ crossover and wanted to know if there was anyway to get the normal paHUD to work (since the PT3 hud is not available).
XxGeneralxX

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:15 am

[quote="XxGeneralxX"8qb]Has anyone got a HUD to work on the mac? I just finally got PT3 to work on my mac w/ crossover and wanted to know if there was anyway to get the normal paHUD to work (since the PT3 hud is not available).[/quote8qb]

PokerAce Hud does not support PT3, only PT2. The only option is to use the AHK Hud, that dave wrote (see the sticky in this forum), until the PT3 Hud is available in the coming weeks.

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Next

Return to General [Read Only]