Retrieving a database problem

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Retrieving a database problem

Postby slohunter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Some time ago I removed(not deleted) one DB and now as I've tried to retrieve it if I follow the steps for linking an existing DB to pt4 there is no DB that can be found except for the current one. Is there any other way that this DB can be found? I might have also backed it up at that time so if I find that backup DB file could it be done then? Or maybe is there a way to go into app data local pt4 and find it manually there?

Thanks
slohunter

Re: Retrieving a database problem

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 pm

slohunter wrote:Some time ago I removed(not deleted) one DB and now as I've tried to retrieve it if I follow the steps for linking an existing DB to pt4 there is no DB that can be found except for the current one. Is there any other way that this DB can be found?

If that database is still there then it should be listed when you 'Browse Databases'. Have you changed PostgreSQL version in the meantime? Do you see the database in PGAdmin?
slohunter wrote:I might have also backed it up at that time so if I find that backup DB file could it be done then?

Yes - if you have a backup file then you can restore that.
slohunter wrote:Or maybe is there a way to go into app data local pt4 and find it manually there?

When you create databases in PokerTracker 4 it records the name and settings so you don't have to keep telling it what they are. If you have removed the reference to that database in PokerTracker 4 then there won't be any settings for it anymore in your configuration files.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4