New Custom Stat: Player Classification

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

New Custom Stat: Player Classification

Postby pooriver » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:04 am

I created a custom stat for use in HUD that classifies a player based on his stats as Shark, Rock, Mouse, Maniac, Cashcow, Calling Station or Bomb. (No there's no fish, cause I consider any player who plays unprofitable to be a fish). The classification is not total, i.e. most players will not fall into any of these classes. This is intented, because I believe that a classification can only be helpful if the players that match it can be easily exploited which again does not apply to most players. For unclassifiable players the stat will show N/A.

If you place the stat in your HUD it will use color ranges. Players that cannot be classified or for whom the sample size is less than 500 hands it will be gray (i.e. hardly readable on black background). If the sample size is at least 500 hands, then sharks and bombs will be red, rocks, calling stations and maniacs will be orange, mice will be yellow and cashcows will be green.

When the stat has been approved by PT team it will be downloadable from the repository, which I will report here. I'm not yet sure whether the classifications are to restrictive, to general or whether they're sound at all, thus I would really appreciate your feedback here.

The stats expression is not very readable, therefore I post the constraints for the several player classes here too:
Code: Select all
Shark {
  15 <= VPIP <= 22
  6 <= PFR <= 13
  PFR/VPIP > 0.7
  Flop AF > 3
  W$SD > 50
}
A winning, tight aggressive player. I'm not yet sure whether or not I should take the success at showdown into account...

Rock {
  VPIP < 9.5
  PFR < 8
  Flop AF >= 3
}
Rocks are very tight, but when they (rarely) see a flop they're after it.

Mouse {
  VPIP < 8
  PFR < 8
  Flop AF < 2
}
Mice are even tighter than the rocks, but also very passive.

Maniac {
  VPIP > 35
  PFR > 25
  Flop AFq > 50
}
Maniacs are very loose and aggressive.

Cashcow {
  VPIP > 39
  Call PFR > 30
  WTSD < 30
  Flop AFq < 50
}
Cashcows can probably only be found on microlimit. They're my favorite player class, cause they look at a lot of flops and even call a lot of preflop raises, but postflop they easily give up their hands.

Calling Station {
  20 <= VPIP <= 30
  PFR < 10
  WTSD > 33
  Flop AF < 2.5
}
They're loose passive and love to call you down.

Bomb {
  VPIP <= 25
  PFR >= 13
  Flop AF > 5
}
Bombs are loose preflop, but also aggressive pre- and postflop.

I really hope I will get some feedback!
pooriver

Re: New Custom Stat: Player Classification

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:15 am

Are you able to post the stat online somewhere for us to download?

(if not, but you want to, PM it to me and I'll attach it)
WhiteRider

Postby pooriver » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 am

Sure, I thought I'd rather wait for the approval for repository, but of course I can provide an external download link here:
(edit: added repository link instead)
Repository.

One should be aware that the autorating takes quite some of your computers resources, meaning it may slow down your HUD. I personally recognized that, but still find it usable.

If you look at the stats expression and ask yourself why I didn't use the predefined stats rather than recalculating them using the predefined columns (i.e I use cnt_pfr/cnt_hands instead of #PFR#): I experienced problems with the latter approach when using my custom stat in a report - the SQL error message was something like "unkown token: #PFR#". Maybe that's worth a ticket?

Edit: By the way, is there a reason why I can't use my stat as a filter for custom reports? I'd like to make a filter like #Player Classification# = 'Cashcow', but if I write that it says the filter expression is not valid.
Last edited by pooriver on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
pooriver

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:44 am

Yes, people downloading it from here rather than the repository should be aware it's not 'approved'..
But it could be useful for us to test from here if it doesn't get approved into the repository immediately.
Thanks.
WhiteRider

Postby pooriver » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:58 pm

The stat has been approved and is now downloadable from the repository.

@WhiteRider: Can u edit my previous post and remove the download link? I know that's a little vain, but I'd like to see the hit counter in the repository increase :oops:
pooriver

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Done.
I'm not sure about string comparisons - have you tried using double quotes too? I'm not sure if this is possible at the moment..
WhiteRider

Postby pooriver » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 am

No, usually single quote works fine (e.g. for #Player#). The custom stat doesn't even show up in the list offered by Edit Report Filter --> Insert --> Statistics.
pooriver

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 am

Is the report you are creating/filtering in the same 'section' as your new stat?
If it doesn't appear in the filter list, then that suggests it's of the wrong type.
e.g. you will only be able to filter for 'holdem cash players statistics' stats in reports of the same type.
WhiteRider

Postby fiammaz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am

White I think it isn't a report...
fiammaz

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

No, but he's trying to use it as a filter in a custom report, and I think you will only be able to use stats from the same section.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to General [Read Only]