PT3 performance tuning 2 HDDs

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PT3 performance tuning 2 HDDs

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:03 am

Primo - please try to clarify that big block of text - it sounds like your reports aren't loading when you have added Custom Stats - is that what you mean?
If you remove them again does the report work?
If so, zip and attach your custom stat to a ticket on the Support system , and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider

Postby pr1mo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 am

yes a report of player name and then 1 custom stat and then filter of 7-10 players. does not work.

if i change the custom stat with a built in pt3 stat then it works fine and normal.

some custom stats work, like the RFI by position in repository. some of the stats that don't work are FFCB based on being in and out of position and also folding to blind stealing custom stats based on what position opponent was stealing from. they worked fine before in a normal database that wasn't created using this method. and they also worked fine in a smaller database using this method but once database reach's certain size it looks like postgres can't handle making the report and it kind of crash's or hang's or however you wanna call it and pt3 sits at "loading..."

i've let it sit at loading... screen for 2-3 days and nothing ends up happening...report used to create in no longer than half an hour.

i have created a ticket and attached some stats. ticket_id=46431
pr1mo

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:55 am

Thanks - we'll get back to you in the ticket.
If you find any stats in the repository that cause problems, please let us know about them so that we can check them out.
WhiteRider

Postby pr1mo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm

the reason why i posted this in this thread is because i believe this is a problem between postgres and the way you build these databases with the tablespace thing and what not. not a stat issue i don't think. the stats all work fine it's just to create this big of a report as i was doing with a custom stat was too much work and postgres couldn't handle something to do with the operation of finding all the information and putting it all into a report so it hangs.
pr1mo

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:32 am

I'd expect that's unlikely, but as WhiteRider said, we'll look into it and get back to you in the ticket.
kraada

Postby scbrigad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:00 pm

So has anyone been able to get dynamic links working in XP? I've already installed postgres on my second hard drive and would like to move my logs to the C system drive. I'd like to avoid having to recreate the database as described in this thread.... I tried the "junction.exe" suggested in another thread but that seems to only work in Vista. Has anyone done dynamic links on existing databases in XP?
scbrigad

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 pm

This page appears to explain how to create a junction point in Windows XP.

I haven't tried it myself though, personally, so I can't verify it for you, but it seems worth a read thorugh.
kraada

Postby Beck » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 am

Now to create the actual database:

Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> psql to template1. This will open up a console window. In the console type:

When doing this I get a command promt asking for
"Password for user postgres:"
I can't type in everything, at least it doesn't show anything. When hitting enter it just closes the command prompt and nothing happens.
I beleive the default password is "dbpass" ? Well, I tried that and everything else, and same result.

Should I just uninstall the entire postgres and reinstall it? If so, wouldn't it be easier for me to reinstall in to my new HDD, as that will be used solely for poker?
Beck

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 am

The default password is dbpass. You won't see anything when you type the password - this is a security feature - so type carefully.
If that doesn't work, you can remove the need for postgres passwords: How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
WhiteRider

Postby Beck » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:04 am

WhiteRider wrote:The default password is dbpass. You won't see anything when you type the password - this is a security feature - so type carefully.
If that doesn't work, you can remove the need for postgres passwords: How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password

Wauw, suddenly it worked. I typed it exactly as before, but this time it apparently got accepted. Must have mistyped before, I guess.

Before I continue the process:
I allready have some DB's on old HDD that I would like to move to my new HDD. Is that possible without the need of doing housekeeping again? Or would I have to export/import all hands, and doing housekeeping all over?

EDIT: I can see the new build of PT3 requires some major update of the new databases? Does that include a total housekeeping (taking a looooooong time, from experience).?
Beck

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]