Autorate rules via download

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Autorate rules via download

Postby ebbesand » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello everybody, do anybody know gettig files to import autorate rules?

Thanks alot
ebbe
ebbesand

Re: Autorate rules via download

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:24 pm

I haven't heard of any, though the defaults are reasonable, so you might consider trying them out and seeing if they work well for you.
kraada

Postby Smoky » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 am

What defaults? Kraada, I am looking at my tournament rules and it is blank. I'd love to get a set of rules to start with.

Smoky
Smoky

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 am

Click Configure --> Auto Rate, then on the Rules tab then click Use Defaults and that will load the default rules.

The player icon set by autorate is only available in cash games though. Since tournaments change so much the autorate icon wasn't considered to be that useful. This is a stance we're reassessing due to popular interest, but I don't know when it would become available for tournaments.
kraada

Postby Smoky » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am

OK, I found the default button and it brought up the rules. But something does not seem right. I am rating 1,897 players, not a very big database. It has been running for 90 minutes now. Is this normal? I see nothing appearing on the rate players main screen, but the hour glass at the bottom continues to move.

And when it finally does finish rating, what will I see if there are no tourney icons? What output can I expect to see from tourney ratings?

I would vote in favor of activating the icons for tourneys. After all, we can define our own icons. And keep in mind, 1 table sit and go tourneys with 9 people have some of the same characteristics as ring games.

What is the reasoning for the bias towards cash games? These Poker Tracker tools (both 2 and 3) are powerful tools for single table sit and go. I am growing to like Poker Tracker 3 more and more. I will upgrade more quickly to 3 if we get the full Monte for tourney poker.

Also, how do I get the HUD to display $ won and number of tourneys and average placement like we have in Tracker 2?

Smoky
Smoky

Postby Smoky » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 am

Wanted to add that I meant by same characteristics as cash games, for example, that single table sit and go brings you returning to the same players over and over. I can see maybe why you don't want to auto rate players in huge mutitable tourneys, but for goodness sake, 9 person single table sit and go demands we get the auto rating capability.

Thanks!
Smoky

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

The decision wasn't mine to make, and I've advanced your exact points previously to the development team. Auto-rating in PT2 was always cash only, and adding tournament support would be a new feature. I agree that for SnGs there are enough regulars that it's probably worth it, especially if (as I've also been hoping we can eventually do) we can one day change the player's icon at the table (e.g. I don't know what his stats are, but he's a fish for sure :)).

Total real $ won, number of tourneys played and average placement aren't yet available in PT3's HUD. This has to do with the way these statistics are structured, but I'll make sure this feature request makes it to our developers.
kraada

Postby Smoky » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks very much Kraada for your interest and listening.

I think more S&G players would be drawn to PT if the developers recognized that the definition of tourneys have changed in the last couple of years. Single table S&G is only recently gaining in popularity. In fact it is closer to a ring game than a tourney IMO.

Is there a sub forum or an email address I can use which the developers regularly read and interact with?

I guess it is unrealisitc to expect any kind of auto rating before my trial is up.

Smoky
Smoky

Postby kraada » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 am

Smoky,

I've made the suggestion to them personally, but I'll add your request. I highly doubt that tournament auto-rating would appear anytime in the next few weeks, but it's definitely something that I hope will eventually appear, and your input is certainly appreciated.
kraada

Postby Smoky » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:47 pm

I could "fool" the system into ranking tournament players (especially single table sit and go)?

Could I somehow export my S&Ggames into duplicate database and then import them as cash games and then run the ranking?

Smoky
Smoky

Next

Return to General [Read Only]