How do I get hud aligned with seats?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

How do I get hud aligned with seats?

Postby Smoky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:45 am

I mostly play Absolute Poker Single Table Sit and Go.

When the HUD appears it is always 2 seats to the right of the actual player. I have to use my mouse to drag each name counter clockwise 2 seats. Is there a way to do this one time and then set the HUD so it always comes up properly aligned in the future? I am getting tired of dragging names around the table at each game.

Thanks

Smoky
Smoky

Re: How do I get hud aligned with seats?

Postby kraada » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:57 am

Yes, please see the Tutorial: Preferred Seating.
kraada

Postby Smoky » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:14 am

The reference is very complicated.

At Absolute Poker, I have configured the site (at the site, not PT3) to always place me bottom center at the table.

Whatever I have done with PT3, it always shows the stats 2 places 2 to the left or clockwise. I then have to use my mouse to drag each stat counter clockwise to seats around.

From the reference you provided, I am not sure how to get the stats moved 2 places counter clockwise. The reference is applies to so many situations, I am not sure how to figure out which instructions apply to my case.

Smoky
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:56 am

Please see the 'troubleshooting' section of the guide for detail.
Disable preferred seating in both AP and PT3 and line up your stats and PT-icon > Save Layout, then enable it again in both.
WhiteRider

Postby Smoky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:47 am

LOL I have re-read it about ten times. Like I say it addresses many situations other than mine. You tech guys can understand it in your sleep. Us "real world guys" are like trying to read chinese mixed with russian LOL!

Anyways, I think you are saying to disable my preferred seating on AP and PT3. I think I will stick with what I have rather than open up a new can of worms. After reading the documentation it seems much simpler to slide 9 sets of stats around with my mouse.

Besides now I cannot get PT to work at all after updating to Build 5. I posted a separate message on the forum asking how to get back to Build 4.

I know you are busy so I will give up on the stat thing. PT3 is still a super product and I am a loyal, but patient customer. I will wait for a more stable Build 5.

Smoky
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:58 am

This is the relevant section:

1. PT3 may not have recognized the size of the table correctly.
You can identify this problem by looking at your Texas Holdem -> Sessions tab (click 'Refresh') and seeing whether the session is correctly listed as "6-max" (or whatever).
If you play at short-handed tables this information is not included in the hand history files for all sites, so you should enable the 'Adjust Qualifying Tables Limits' option on the Auto Import tab. This will tell PT3 to try to work out what size table you are playing at based on the number of players involved, etc., and will therefore be able to use the layout for the correct table size.

2. If the stats still don't line up correctly, then you should disable preferred seating in both your poker client and PT3 and then play a session on a single table (or observe a table if your site supports observed hands) and position the stats to the correct places for all seats in their 'natural' positions.
When you have them where you want them, click PT-icon -> Save Layout and then open a new table to check that everything is in the correct places. (Note that this will not affect any other tables you currently have open, so try it with a new table.)
Once you have this working, re-enable preferred seating in both your poker site and PT3 and then everything should line up correctly once you start playing at new tables.

Basically what you need to do is make sure that if you turn preferred seating OFF in both PT3 and AP then the stats are in the correct places when you play a couple of new sessions.
Once you have that right you can re-enable preferred seating in both. Make sure you define it for the correct table size - don't mix up 9 and 10 seat layouts for instance.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]