PT3: Using Player Notes, Filters from PT2; Info on HUD?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3: Using Player Notes, Filters from PT2; Info on HUD?

Postby JimmyM69 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Apologies if asked and answered, I did search unsuccessfully

I'm trialling PT3, and am keeping PT2 (PostgreSQL ver) but NOT running them at the same time, and wonder about a few things, please:
1. I have, in PT2, and in the site client, Notes on several thousand opponents, including PT2-generated Player Stats, they look, in the "notes.txt" file like:
[player=deleted]
{{My General Description
AF-F 2.0, T oo, R oo
WF-F 13.6, T 9.1, R 0.0, FRB 0.0
# 22, LAST: 6/20/09}}

I'd like the same notes in PT2 & PT3, and wonder how I might achieve this, please?
(perhaps by exporting the Notes, without PT2-generated Player Stats, and then importing the file into PT3?)

2. Starting Hand Filters: I have 28 of these, and wonder how, other than by recreating each individually :( :roll: , I might get them into PT3, please?

3. In PT2's Game/Tourney Time Window, the Player Icon, from the Auto-Rate Rules, appears in the Left column, but how can I make it as conveniently visible in PT3? Preferably in the HUD?

4. Likewise, the Game/Tourney Time Window shows Table Stats. Can I replicate this data in the PT3 HUD, please?

That's it for now, grateful help or pointers
Jas
JimmyM69

Re: PT3: Using Player Notes, Filters from PT2; Info on HUD?

Postby kraada » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm

We're here to help, don't worry about asking :)

PT3 cannot currently import notes or filters from PTv2.

In PT3 if you have a player rated their icon will appear next to their name on the left in the player list. You can add the Player Icon statistic to the HUD and you will then see their auto-rated icon on the HUD. This works on the Replayer HUD as well.

If you want to see a group of table averages of statistics, add a new group to your HUD, set it to show table averages, and all stats added to that group will display as table averages. See the Tutorial: Managing HUD Groups for more details.
kraada

Postby JimmyM69 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Quick news ( :D thanks), bad news ( :( maybe you might think of adding note & filter importability in future releases/upgrades - just a thought, it would make it easier for folks to upgrade to PT3?) and good news :D , I'll check out the HUD information.

BTW, I did import my Auto-Rate Rules (to a text file) from PT2, and applied them, to no visible result. Did I perhaps do something wrong?
Thanks for help, as always,
jas
JimmyM69

Postby the other mike » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi -

One can't actually import PokerTracker2 auto-rate rules into PokerTracker3. What you could do instead is to manually transfer the definitions.

Open the PokerTracker2 "Auto Rate Players" panel and the "Configure -> Auto-Rate -> Rules" tab in PokerTracker3. Mouse over each of the PokerTracker2 rules in turn to get the parameters; transfer those parameters to the respective PokerTracker3 rule.

Mike
the other mike

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 am

Import/export of player notes isn't yet possible in PT3 but this will be added.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]