auto-rate issue & question

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

auto-rate issue & question

Postby rowhousepd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm using the default auto-rate rules w/ PT3 and am having a few issues. After setting it to auto-rate during auto imports, nothing changes on the HUD during a session. For example:

It rates with minimum of 50 hands, I sit down to play a long session, I play well over 50 hands against a bunch of opponents, but their icons don't change (or turn into something other than that default icon) while I'm playing. additionally, players that were categorized as one type of player before the session but who played very differently and accumulated stats that should put them into a different category after that session, don't change either -- that is, not until I manually rate the players & hit Refresh. Wouldn't setting it to auto rate during import mean they would adjust as you play a session?

Also, when I do rate them manually, it looks like it's going through everyone I've every played in every limit even though I only have it set to just one limit. Maybe it's not actually doing that, but every name scrolls down the window so it seems like it's going through every simngle opponent. (I'm trying to avoid a more lengthy rating process.)

Lastly, is it possible to create more rules and expand the default icons to additional ones I could customize/import? That would be great. Thanks.
rowhousepd

Re: auto-rate issue & question

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:25 am

rowhousepd wrote:I'm using the default auto-rate rules w/ PT3 and am having a few issues. After setting it to auto-rate during auto imports, nothing changes on the HUD during a session. For example:

It rates with minimum of 50 hands, I sit down to play a long session, I play well over 50 hands against a bunch of opponents, but their icons don't change (or turn into something other than that default icon) while I'm playing. additionally, players that were categorized as one type of player before the session but who played very differently and accumulated stats that should put them into a different category after that session, don't change either -- that is, not until I manually rate the players & hit Refresh. Wouldn't setting it to auto rate during import mean they would adjust as you play a session?

Yes, auto rate during auto import should update the icons as you play - Auto Rating does need an overhaul but please reproduce the problem and submit a Bug Report with as much information as possible. If you can provide screenshots and examples of at least one specific player (with their stats) along with the log files that will really help.
I'll do some testing of this myself later when I have some time too.

Also, when I do rate them manually, it looks like it's going through everyone I've every played in every limit even though I only have it set to just one limit. Maybe it's not actually doing that, but every name scrolls down the window so it seems like it's going through every simngle opponent. (I'm trying to avoid a more lengthy rating process.)

It needs to check every player to find out whether they've played at that level or not..

Lastly, is it possible to create more rules and expand the default icons to additional ones I could customize/import? That would be great. Thanks.

You can't currently add more icons but this is on the list for consideration by the development team when auto rating is overhauled.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:57 pm

I just tested this in a very simple set up and it's working fine.
Please bear in mind that auto rate currently uses the Active database, so won't necessarily reflect the total stats you have on a player if you have separate 'played' and 'observed' databases for example.
WhiteRider

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 am

WhiteRider wrote:Please bear in mind that auto rate currently uses the Active database, so won't necessarily reflect the total stats you have on a player if you have separate 'played' and 'observed' databases for example.

Aaaah. That was the problem I think. It seems to be ok now. Thanks for the response though. :)
rowhousepd

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:28 am

Oh wait, one more followup: I'm not seeing auto-rating icons coming up for SnG's. Should they be?
rowhousepd

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:51 am

No - Auto Rate is only for cash games at the moment. We've had quite a lot of requests for it in tournaments too, though, so it's possible it will be added at some point.
WhiteRider

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You can't currently add more icons but this is on the list for consideration by the development team when auto rating is overhauled.

Just realized that the images used for the auto-rate icons are at C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Images\Hud. If I changed any of them (just the images/files, not the names) is this going to mess anything up?
rowhousepd

Postby the other mike » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't use auto-rating and don't see its images in that directory but generally if you get the pixel dimensions, color depth, note any transparency attributes, etc., I' ve usually found that in general substituting one image for another works fine. But there have been a couple times with other tools I've tried that and it started acting strange so I'd make a backup copy of the folder before changing anything in case you need to revert to it.

Mike
the other mike

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 am

Yes, you can overwrite the image files.
As Mike says, make sure you don't change the image size or type.
Also please make sure you keep a copy of your new file in a separate folder away from your PT3 installation because the image files will be overwritten when you update PT3.
I'd also recommend keeping a copy of the original file, but you can always reset to PT3's defaults by 'updating' PT3 to the same version you already have.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]