Filter - VP$IP

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Filter - VP$IP

Postby gspeers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 pm

I would like to create a filter that would allow me to see how I did when I voluntarily put $ in the pot less than a certain % of the time. For example how I did I do when I voluntarily put $ in the pot less than 15% of time, or 20%, or more than 15%, etc.

Is this possible to do? I am proably worse than a beginner in using PT3 to make custom filters/stats/reports.
gspeers

Re: Filter - VP$IP

Postby the other mike » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Have you seen this? I think it's very good and thorough while still being fairly easy to use:

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=22599

Mike
the other mike

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 pm

What you're asking doesn't really make sense - in a hand you either VP$IP or you don't, so you can't filter to hands where your VP$IP was 15%..

I suspect what you're asking is if you can filter to sessions where you VP$IP a certain percentage?
That's tricky, but you could sort the look at 'HCPS Session statistics' by VP$IP to get an idea (avaiable for download from the Repository, posted by me).
WhiteRider

Postby gspeers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:03 pm

I suspect what you're asking is if you can filter to sessions where you VP$IP a certain percentage?
That's tricky, but you could sort the look at 'HCPS Session statistics' by VP$IP to get an idea (avaiable for download from the Repository, posted by me).[/quote]

Thank you very much for your quick response and your suggestion. It was a great suggestion. You created a very useful report (I wish I could learn to do that). I downloaded the report and then exported the report to Excel, so that I could see what my cummulative results were when my VP$IP was between 0%-15%, 15%-20%, 20%-30%, etc.

I guess what I was looking for was a Preflop filter in Action section of the filters (Vol. Put $ in Pot > x%, or <x%).
gspeers

Postby gspeers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:20 pm

the other mike wrote:Have you seen this? I think it's very good and thorough while still being fairly easy to use:

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=22599

Mike

Thanks for the link. It looks complicated but I felt that way about my first calculus course. So maybe if just wade throught it one step at a time, I can figure it out.

Everyone on this site is very helpuf.
gspeers

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 am

I'm still adding to that tutorial - the next couple of posts will have a clear walkthrough of creating a new stat.
The custom reports and stats look complicated to start with, but you can learn to use them if you read the docs and have a play around.
If there's anything you want to ask, or don't understand, please ask.

As I said before - you can't filter hands by percentage VP$IP - for each hand you either did or didn't choose to put money in.
The filters are per hand, not per session.
WhiteRider

Postby gspeers » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 pm

WhiteRider wrote:I'm still adding to that tutorial - the next couple of posts will have a clear walkthrough of creating a new stat.
The custom reports and stats look complicated to start with, but you can learn to use them if you read the docs and have a play around.
If there's anything you want to ask, or don't understand, please ask.

As I said before - you can't filter hands by percentage VP$IP - for each hand you either did or didn't choose to put money in.
The filters are per hand, not per session.

Thanks for your help. I now understand what you are saying . . . I was trying to get a per hand filter to be a session filter. Your session report in the repository did the trick.
gspeers

Return to General [Read Only]