more explanation of key stats

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

more explanation of key stats

Postby kaekruse » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Can someone tell me exactly what the stats are for VPIP and AFq. I know that preflop raise is just how many times you raise preflop no matter the amount correct? And then is vpip anytime you voluntarily put any money into the pot out of all hands played? The last one i just don't understand is Agression factor. I know this is how aggressive a player is but how exactly is it calculated?
kaekruse

Re: more explanation of key stats

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 pm

AFq is actually aggression frequency. It's calculated as:
Bets + Raises / Bets + Raises + Calls + folds

For more on specific stats see the Statistical Reference Guide.
kraada

Postby kaekruse » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 am

Am I right when i am thinking that the Afq that is displayed by default on the pt3 hud only refers to agression frequency after the flop?
kaekruse

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 am

You are correct.
kraada

Postby kaekruse » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:48 pm

I have been doing research on recomended values for the key stats theat show up on the hud for default. I found out that a vip between 19-24 were best. But I still don't know good values for preflop raise percentage and Agression percentage after the flop.
kaekruse

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:31 am

There is no "best" value for your stats - it depends on the style that suits you.

These posts discuss how to use the 'standard' PT3 stats, but you should be analysing your stats, not trying to get them to some specific values:
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=165898
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=8009768&page=0&vc=1
WhiteRider

Postby doco » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 am

I think also you should be looking at those stats not as a summary only but how you are playing positionally. My stats above ( small sample ) show overall I have a tight aggressive style. But as you may see, I need to fix a couple things ( Blinds and CO play ) and am working on it. That being said, generally you want to have higher VP$IP from the Button and CO and gradually lower around to UTG. The rationale being, theoretically, your starting hand range should be stronger in the weaker positions ( UTG - MP ) and gradually broaden toward the stronger positions ( LP, HJ, CO, Button ). Additionally, and as especially the 'Pokey' thread referred to above will point out, you will want your PFR stat to be a large percentage of your VP$IP stat as well.

Of course these numbers will vary depending upon table dynamics and change over time as you become better at concepts like post flop play, initiation, isolation, pot control, etc. But generally you should see a progression of smaller percentages from UTG to larger percentages position to position as you approach the Button.
doco

Return to General [Read Only]