Rush HUD

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rush HUD

Postby tarix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

aaron51_lz wrote:I'm having performance issues like the ones mentioned above, how do I submit a log for you guys to analyze?

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=20464

Make sure you have tried my suggestions in this post:
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/view ... ad#p124431
tarix
Developer

Postby Joss » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Im surprised that some are having a few problems..

My computer is ancient, although my PT3 database is fairly new and im 4 tabling these Rush tables without many HUD problems ..

I do sometimes panic when the stats on certain players just dissapear in front of my eyes, but return quick enough ..

Considering HEM are still struggling to come up with any decent updating HUD ... Im well pleased with PT3's efforts on this ... and they fully deserve the preverbial " tap on the table " from me .....yes, i play a lot of snooker .. :P
Joss

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks Joss :)
kraada

Postby tarix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Joss wrote:My computer is ancient

Mind posting some general specs including what version of postgres? Some of the logs I'm seeing are machines that are better than mine. :o
tarix
Developer

Postby Chappie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm

It's worth mentioning that I had to work today, and so tried out the beta on my laptop. Aside from one instance of displaying two sets of hud stats one time, it worked very well. I noticed in another thread that one of the things you were interested in was slide vs. fade. I have fade on my desktop (the one with performance issues) and slide on my laptop (no performance issues). I will try out slide on my desktop and let you know if it helps.
Chappie

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks please keep us posted.
kraada

Postby Joss » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm

tarix wrote:
Joss wrote:My computer is ancient

Mind posting some general specs including what version of postgres? Some of the logs I'm seeing are machines that are better than mine. :o

Sorry for the delay .. only just seen this .

Im using WIndows XP, home edition version 2002, service pack 3

Its a Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 , CPU 3.00GHz, 2.99 Ghz, 2.50 GB of RAM ..

Im using Posgre SQL 8.4 .. and my new database was created on new years eve .. although im not sure how many hands are on it ... maybe 40k hands... might have manually imported some more .. but not sure TBH ..

The HUD works fine for me ... sure i get times when there are no stats for some players but i pressume thats because ive not played against them before ... the stats do lag sometimes ... but overall i have no complaints at all ...Ive re-configured my HUD and have about 25 different stats showing .....its actually waaay too much, but there you go .. 8-)
Joss

Postby Chappie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 pm

I put this in my support ticket, but others might be interested, so:

No difference in slide vs. fade. Tweaks to the postgresql.conf file didn't seem to help much. Having a Rush-only database helped some, but with 3 tables open, still resulted in lag in the FT software. My laptop still does fine with the beta version. I had 5-6 tables of a regular 6-max game going on the beta version (on my desktop), and saw a little bit of lag, whereas in the previous official release, I had none.
Chappie

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks for the update, I'll make sure tarix sees it.
kraada

Postby tarix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:34 pm

We're testing a new version with speed tweaks right now. After we get some feedback on it we will be able to release it for everyone else to try.

It took a lot more changes than we anticipated so unfortunately we can't release it into the wild too quickly.

Thank you for all the feedback. It was very helpful.
tarix
Developer

Previous

Return to General [Read Only]