v3.06.2 & Stars v3.5.1.6: Problems?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: v3.06.2 & Stars v3.5.1.6: Problems?

Postby Plaza Player » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm

I basically got sick of waiting, and really wanted the PT3 working, so I decided to d/load it again. I closed the Logo down and then just d/loaded the new version again and it said it was not completly installed correctly. So I did it again same thing and the 3rd time and without doing anything different it worked.......
I then recieved my response from the ticket which told me I was still running on the old version, although I knew I d/loaded the new version and was then stuck with just the logo in the middle of the screen.
I dont if it helps you knowning this or not. but after the 3rd time of d/loading and without doing anything different it worked ok after, and now can carry on. :o
Plaza Player

Postby Smoky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Whiterider:

I am having exactly the same problem as Plza Player. I am into my 4th hour with just the logo on the screen. I can see a little disk drive activity (flashing light) but not a lot.

Please post here the result of your findings. Maybe I can fix things myself after I read what you find out about his log.

Thanks!
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 am

Please reboot your computer and then re-download and run the version 3.06.2 installer.
WhiteRider

Postby Smoky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 am

WhiteRider:

I am having the same problem as Plaza. I posted on this a few hours ago but the post never made it. I will try again. I am up to 8 hours now waiting for the new version to get past the icon stage. It seemed to have downloaded and installed the update just fine. But it is taking forever to boot up and all I see is the logo. My database likely is approaching 100,000 hands (not sure since I cannot see any data yet). I play only MTTs and SNGs, no ring games.

I invoked the task manager after a few hours. It did not show Tracker as an active task, but the process tab of task manager showed the Tracker processor running at a pretty good clip.

Either it takes a huge amount of time to complete updating the database, or else it is caught in some sort of cycle.

Can you post the results of your investigation with Plaza here? Or would you rather I stop waiting for completion, reboot,and run it again with the log as you instructed Plaza?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.
Smoky

Postby Smoky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

OK, just saw your answer to my earlier post. Don't know why it wasn;t there a few minutes ago. I am assuming the 3.06.2 installer is a newer one than the download I tried earlier today.

Will reboot and give it a try.
Smoky

Postby Smoky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 am

I have rebooted and am now going to download the Tracker 3.06.2. I am making three assumptions:

1. It is a later version than the one I downloaded earlier today that kept me in the logo mode for 8 hours.

2. I use the same instructions and install it on top of the one I downloaded earlier today.

3. Since I can't get to the download via the Tracker Application Update Screen like I did earlier today, am assuming I can go to the product web page and download it from there without getting charged again.

Fingers crossed.
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 am

All of those are true.
You need to make sure that PT3 and your poker sites are not running when you run the installer, so a reboot first is a good idea.
WhiteRider

Postby Plaza Player » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 am

Its defo weird that this is not a 1 off case.
I had already closed down all poker sites and rebooted computer before I attempted to d/load v3.06.2
But then like mentioned waiting ages I give up, rebooted again and fired PT3 up still the same Logo.
Then submit the ticket with the attatchment, only to be told I was running on the old version, when I know I did everything by the book.
I find it more weird that I d/loaded it again without removing the new supposed version I thought I already had, and still didnt work, So I did it a 3rd time without closing down any poker sites (cos I was playing at the time). Also I had poker sites up and playing when I did this the 2nd time as well.
But like mentioned on the 3rd attempt and while still playing, it started to work.
Maybe there is a glitch in the d/load which needs looking at. Just strange that 3 peeps having the same problem.
My computer is not a new one, but neither is it an out of date thing. Running on Vista home premium with 2 gig memory with dual core processor.
Just trying to help ya out with the glitch.
Good luck rest of ya.
Plaza Player

Postby Smoky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am

WhiteRider:

Thanks very much for your help. The support here is awesome. Followed your instructions and all worked like a charm!

The only trouble now, and it is minor, that every time I now come to this web site I get the question asking if I want to go to a page that is not secure? Has nothing to do with the Tracker program itself, maybe a coincidence, but this question began popping up after the program began working again. Is there anything I can do to stop that question every time I take an action on the website here?

Also, have not tried it yet but I am hoping the new version has finally implemented autorate for SNG players.
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:35 am

You're welcome. I'm not sure what causes your problem with the forums - I'll see if our webmaster has any ideas.

Autorate is not added for tournaments yet - people play very differently in different situations and stages of tournaments, so having a single icon to represent a player isn't considered so useful for tournaments. We've had a few requests for this, though, so it may be added at some point.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]