v3.06.2 & Stars v3.5.1.6: Problems?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

v3.06.2 & Stars v3.5.1.6: Problems?

Postby JimmyM69 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:18 pm

As I am trying to clear a bonus - time-sensitive - on Stars, I am still running PT v3.00 build 5.2, the Stars client 3.4.8.0, and experience no problems.
However, I do note upgrades to both (PT3.06.2, PS 3.5.1.6) but don't want to experience downtime which might cost me the bonus.

1. If anyone is running both these apps together, could you please share your experience? and
2. My PT3 database has some 16k tourney players, and 7.3k cash players. Backed up, my database is some 60Gb, Postgres ver is 8.3, and the partition on which the PT3 database resides has some 75% free space. RAM is 4Gb, and the CPU is an E2180 Dual Core @ 2.00GHz. Would anyone care to hazard a SWAG (Silly Wild Assed Guess) as to how long post-install housekeeping might take? I promise NOT to flame under-estimators :lol:

TIA
Jimmy
JimmyM69

Re: v3.06.2 & Stars v3.5.1.6: Problems?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 pm

When you upgrade to PT3 v3.06.2 your databases will need to be updated.
60GB sounds very large for a database with 7k cash players and 16k tournament players. I wouldn't expect a database with that amount of players to take very long to update, but there will be some delay. You will also need to run full Database > Housekeeping on it, which will take some time.
It should finish overnight at the worst, but I wouldn't like to guarantee it without knowing the size of the database.
WhiteRider

Postby JimmyM69 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:18 pm

I did upgrade to 3.06.2 - even though the "New Version available" splash screen still comes up :?: - and uninstalled my old PS client, reinstalling v3.5.2.1, they both appear to cohabit quite harmoniously. The post-upgrade Housekeeping took about an hour 45 minutes, but I have yet to play a tourney with both running. Maybe more later,
Jimmy
JimmyM69

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:42 pm

The 'new version' message shouldn't show - please enable logging, restart PT3 then send us your PokerTracker3.log file.

Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report
WhiteRider

Postby Plaza Player » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi, this is sort of based on this thread.
I have just upgraded to the new build, and I am pretty new on here as well. So I have no idea how long it takes for the update to update basically.
I d/loaded it and did everything it said, and then fired it back up and just get the logo in the middle of my screen. I left it there for roughly 3 hrs, and then rebooted again. Again another 3 hrs later I still have just the Logo in the middle of the screen.
Considering I am new, I dont think I have a large database, I know I have less than the other guy who 1st posted. But how long should it take before I can use it again?
Do I leave it running over night?
Should I revert back to the old version?
I dont even know if its doing anything, its just the big logo in the middle of my screen :shock:

So basically how long should I leave it to do its thing max? Then I will know if something is wrong.
It worked perfectly before I d/loaded the update.
Thx
Plaza Player

Postby JimmyM69 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:26 pm

WhiteRider wrote:The 'new version' message shouldn't show - please enable logging, restart PT3 then send us your PokerTracker3.log file.

It's done, see #87687. I've referenced this thread title in the Bug Report.
HTH
Jimmy
JimmyM69

Postby Plaza Player » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Plaza Player wrote:Hi, this is sort of based on this thread.
I have just upgraded to the new build, and I am pretty new on here as well. So I have no idea how long it takes for the update to update basically.
I d/loaded it and did everything it said, and then fired it back up and just get the logo in the middle of my screen. I left it there for roughly 3 hrs, and then rebooted again. Again another 3 hrs later I still have just the Logo in the middle of the screen.
Considering I am new, I dont think I have a large database, I know I have less than the other guy who 1st posted. But how long should it take before I can use it again?
I dont even know if its doing anything, its just the big logo in the middle of my screen :shock:

So basically how long should I leave it to do its thing max? Then I will know if something is wrong.
Thx

bump
Plaza Player

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 am

Plaza Player wrote:Hi, this is sort of based on this thread.

Thx

Please launch PT3 with the "Logging Enabled" link via Start > Programs > PokerTracker 3 and let it run for 15 minutes or so then attach your PokerTracker3.log file to a Support ticket. We need to see what it is doing - it shouldn't stick at the logo.

WhiteRider

Postby Plaza Player » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 am

K I have done what you wanted.
Plaza Player

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks - we'll get back to you via your ticket.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to General [Read Only]