Filtering winnings against certain player types

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Filtering winnings against certain player types

Postby eroock » Thu May 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Looks good. Now, what does 1-15 stand for? Can I have them in a complete list?
eroock

Postby kraada » Thu May 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Each icon in the auto rate gets a number as sorted in your list - you can find the rules on the autorate tab to see how players are being sorted.
kraada

Postby eroock » Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I see. Last question: Is there a way to show my winnings against all player types at once, without having to changing the X one by one?
eroock

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 20, 2011 3:10 am

You mean your results against each player type individually, but all in one list?
I don't think that will be possible as we can't apply different contradictory filters at the same time.
WhiteRider

Postby eroock » Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Alright, thanks for the support. Hope you guys are being paid well for this ;)
eroock

Postby eroock » Sun May 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Okay, it was tedious work but the results are interesting. Here's my winnings vs player types:

I noticed, player type 10 didn't give any results. That puzzles me, my database has more than 100,000 hands. Are the rules too restrictive or is there something wrong with PT? Also, I'd like to see the amount I won against all players not categorized. That would allow me to check the correctness of those figures as they should add up to my current overall winnings.
eroock

Postby kraada » Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 pm

0 should give you the players without an icon. It's possible there are no people in group 10 - it is kind of a strange group. But you could search your player list by eyeballing it quickly to see if you see any of those icons if nothing else.
kraada

Postby eroock » Sun May 22, 2011 3:02 pm

a) Adding "uncategorized" $ to the list will yield a total that is way, way beyond my actual winnings. Most of my money comes through rakeback still :roll:
Either some losses go unnoticed or the method is off altogether.
b) I do have around 100 "type 10" players in my list. So there's definitely something not right.

Can you please have another look into this? Poker = exploiting your opponents, this is fundamental. I may need to adjust to certain player types but first I have to get my targets straight. Many thanks.
eroock

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 am

Bear in mind that that filter is showing all of your hands where a player of the specified type went to showdown - it doesn't specify your actions at all. This will give you a particular view of those hands. For instance, it won't include any hands which you won before showdown, but will include hands where you put money in and then fold but one of the specified type of opponents goes to showdown. If two different player types go to showdown then the hand will be included in both categories.
When analysing stats like this you need to think carefully about exactly what you want to see.
WhiteRider

Postby eroock » Mon May 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Looking at the string of code provided by kraada, I don't see how I could amend it to my likings. It's just too advanced for me. Perhaps PT4 is having a handy solution ;)
eroock

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]