Facing a pocket pair

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Facing a pocket pair

Postby wangtangkiki » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 am

So do you guys know how to calculate what percent of my hands should have a pocket pair facing a pocket pair?
The actual number I see in my report should be lower than what should occur since I do not always see my opponents cards.

I think the number is 4.8% that I have seen.. 2015/41,700
wangtangkiki

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 am

The thread kraada linked you to takes you through the maths of the situation in quite a lot of detail. Bear in mind that you wont know all of the hands your opponents have from the hand histories in PT3, though - so the numbers will never match the theoretical values.
WhiteRider

Postby kraada » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:05 am

If you change what c is in my query you'll change the number of people who need to have a pair - the query I gave you was for hands with 2 or more people with pocket pairs. Change c >=2 to c >= 3 and you'll get hands with 3 or more pocket pairs, and so on.
kraada

Postby wangtangkiki » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:04 pm

kraada wrote:If you change what c is in my query you'll change the number of people who need to have a pair - the query I gave you was for hands with 2 or more people with pocket pairs. Change c >=2 to c >= 3 and you'll get hands with 3 or more pocket pairs, and so on.

For some reason, this one won't work:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand, count(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player) as c from holdem_hand_player_statistics WHERE holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 26 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 49 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 70 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 89 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 106 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 121 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 134 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 145 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 154 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 161 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 166 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 169 GROUP BY holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand HAVING c >= 2)

Invalid expression is the error. I'm guessing this is sql? I used to work with mysql & could read what the code was doing.. it looks right.. Maybe a error in "punctuation" or whatever it's called lol.. syntax.. like when you don't close a bracket
wangtangkiki

Postby kraada » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 pm

For some reason I always think you can use the alias you set earlier on in the query but you can't.

This will validate and should work:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand FROM holdem_hand_player_statistics WHERE (holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 26 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 49 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 70 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 89 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 106 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 121 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 134 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 145 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 154 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 161 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 166 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 169) GROUP BY holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand, holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player HAVING count(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player) >= 2)
kraada

Postby wangtangkiki » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Weird, the filter was able to be put in, but it doesn't show any results. :/
wangtangkiki

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I'll take a look in a little bit - it should show results so I'll need to dig a little deeper to figure out what's going wrong here.
kraada

Postby wangtangkiki » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:17 pm

I changed it to >= 1 and it shows all hands with a pair in it. Am I supposed to put that filter twice? From what the query says, it doesn't seem like I should put it twice, just need it re-written or something..
wangtangkiki

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Try this and see if it works better then:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand FROM holdem_hand_player_statistics WHERE (holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 1 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 26 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 49 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 70 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 89 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 106 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 121 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 134 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 145 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 154 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 161 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 166 OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_holecard = 169) GROUP BY holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_hand HAVING count(holdem_hand_player_statistics.id_player) >= 2)
kraada

Postby andrewy01 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am

Hi there, did anybody ever get this to work with PT4? - the sql above doesn't seem to work.
andrewy01

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]