Coming Soon: PokerTracker 4

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Coming Soon: PokerTracker 4

Postby Hillsover » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:42 am

I see PT4 only supports Hold'em and Ohama, are there be any plans to support draw and stud games in future releases?
Hillsover

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

It's possible we will support other games eventually but that functionality won't be available for the initial release.
kraada

Postby Dilas » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 am

Please post some screenshots from the new features soon !
Dilas

Postby Rtttzzz » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 am

WhiteRider wrote:I'm sure it will, but I don't have a timescale for you. PT2 was supported for about 2 years after the release of PT3, though.

nice to hear. i'm asking due to sentimental reasons :oops:
Rtttzzz

Postby ondanuts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 am

I received an email as follows. I'm 100% sure this is a phishing scam but want to alert the mods. If real, let me know
The reason I am suspicious is why they didn't use my login name nor reference any personal information that PT would have at hand. The non capitalisation of the first sentence (usually doesn't pass any reasonable English reviewer). And last but not least, the fantastic idea to share the key with 3 other unsuspecting friends. Now that would be a first in beta testing, letting the testers share it around...

You may want to alert your good customers that there may be phishing scams going on. I've tagged it phishing with my ISP but that usually doesn't do anything.

Cheers & looking forward to PT4 with a great deal of anticipation (the real one that is!!)

PS - mods please feel free to change, delete or do as you see fit but you great guys need to know something like this is out there.

Dear PokerTracker-User,

you were randomly chosen to receive one of a few PokerTracker 4 beta keys!

PT4 includes a brand new feature, which uses artificial neuronal networks in order to predict how
your opponents will behave!

If you wish to take part, please download and execute the PokerTracker 4 online installer:

Location: [edit] deleted this so nobody can read this & actually be duped...
Beta-key: [edit] deleted

Simply change the settings to fit your existing PokerTracker 3 installation and click \"Install PokerTracker 4 Beta\".

You may share this key with up to 3 people!
Please report every bug to development [edit] (spaces to stop accidents from nubs) @pokertracker4.com

Yours sincerly,
Tom Wheeler - PokerTracker development crew

Note: This version can be installed beside PokerTracker 3, please do not uninstall anything before updating!
ondanuts

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

That email is indeed spam - see this announcement for more details.
kraada

Postby Tadau » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Do you plan to integrate in PT4 (and/or PT3) the possibility to create custom formatted hands for others forums than 2+2 ?

And, with the problem with the spam, what do you think about naming the software with an other name, like PokerTracker Enhanced, or another name that clearly dismiss the problem with this spam?
Tadau

Postby ericb » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:01 pm

:spade: Wins the logo contest again and again and again. Not very original, I hope it's just a place holder :mrgreen: .
Anyway, I can't wait for the previews/teasers. I'm very curious.
ericb

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Tadau wrote:Do you plan to integrate in PT4 (and/or PT3) the possibility to create custom formatted hands for others forums than 2+2 ?

And, with the problem with the spam, what do you think about naming the software with an other name, like PokerTracker Enhanced, or another name that clearly dismiss the problem with this spam?

What kinds of formatting did you have in mind?

I don't think we'll be changing the name in reaction to an unrelated spam campaign.
kraada

Postby Tadau » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm

kraada wrote:
Tadau wrote:Do you plan to integrate in PT4 (and/or PT3) the possibility to create custom formatted hands for others forums than 2+2 ?

What kinds of formatting did you have in mind?

I don't think we'll be changing the name in reaction to an unrelated spam campaign.

All the forums doesn't use the same code for the cards, for exemple the same card (As of diamond) coding en different forums :

TwoplusTwo -> A:diamond:
Club Poker (the largest french community) -> :Ad
Wam Poker (an other french community) -> [Ad]
PokerStrategy -> A:d
FlopTurnRiver -> :Ad:

5 differents forums, and 5 differents way to code a same card.

It's could be a very nice feature that a forum can offer to his members a file that can be imported by PT for add an option that paste a formatted text of a hand for the forum (I hope you understand, I'm stronger to understand english than write it ^^' ).
Tadau

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]