Coming Soon: PokerTracker 4

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Coming Soon: PokerTracker 4

Postby Tadau » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Do you plan to offer translations of the software ? Many problems encountered by players (especially french players ^^' ) should be auto-solved with a translation of the software.
Tadau

Postby oracle3001 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:21 pm

kraada wrote:PT4 will be able to import PT3 HUD files - we wouldn't leave you high and dry like that.

And custom stats? Or is the underlying database schema changing so much that won't be feasible?

Talking of which...currently EP / MP / LP are determined in the schema. One can go and change the schema manually to alter which seats refers to which category. In PT4 will be it be possible to customize things like this from within the client?
oracle3001

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

And custom stats as much as is feasible; I can't go into the details on the changes at this point.
kraada

Postby oracle3001 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Another question / suggestion.

Table Tracker....I have always found that the simple method of scoring via a set of mutually exclusive rules rather inadequate. I know that is the standard way that it is done across a variety of products, but several years ago there was a competitor called Sixth Sense (which is no defunct). It was in many respects way ahead of the game e.g server side scanning years before anybody else.

One of the biggest and IMO underrated bits of functionality was the custom scoring options. One could write "script" within the client which went way beyond simply saying if VPIP > 45 = 5....VPIP > 30 = 3....which allowed things which I describe below.

The problem with mutually exclusive rules is best exemplified when considering a simple example of VPIP, PFR and postflop AF. A Player with a VPIP of 30 and PFR of 28 and a high AF is a completely different force than somebody with VPIP 30, PFR 15, low AF. It is pretty much impossible using mutually exclusive rules to properly identify that one player is probably very good and the other not.

With sixth sense it would have been possible to write script something along the lines of the following..

score = 0

if VPIP > 30

switch
case (VPIP / PFR) > 0.75 : score = score + 3
case (VPIP / PFR) > .....
end

if AF > 3 : score = score + 2

return score
oracle3001

Postby PJs Ronin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Tbh, there's just nothing in the proposed features (sketchy as they currently are) that are floating my boat. I really hope this is more than an exercise to 'glamorize' PT3. Is there are non-marketing version of the PT4 proposal available for comment?

Btw, are you bringing Leakbuster and SnG Wiz on board or developing your own?
PJs Ronin

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Tadau wrote:Do you plan to offer translations of the software ? Many problems encountered by players (especially french players ^^' ) should be auto-solved with a translation of the software.

It is our goal to offer many translations of our software and website. I'm not sure if this will be done by commercial release or shortly thereafter but is a very high priority for us.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

PJs Ronin wrote:Tbh, there's just nothing in the proposed features (sketchy as they currently are) that are floating my boat. I really hope this is more than an exercise to 'glamorize' PT3. Is there are non-marketing version of the PT4 proposal available for comment?

Btw, are you bringing Leakbuster and SnG Wiz on board or developing your own?

The first week's video is to essentially bring PokerTracker 4 to the forefront and let it be known that we are getting very close.

Subsequent week's videos will contain much more information and be less "marketing friendly" at which point, we are going to be opening the commenting system to get your feedback to help us fine tune what we have been working on.

Regarding LB and SnG Wiz, we are building our own functionality and including it in PT4, at no additional cost.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby jynxy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Hmmm so these means that my recent purchase of PT3 was pointless as i'm going to be paying for this upgrade i coud have just waited for.

Great
jynxy

Postby tercet » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Awesome! looking forward to it!
tercet

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 am

danieln90 wrote:Hmmm so these means that my recent purchase of PT3 was pointless as i'm going to be paying for this upgrade i coud have just waited for.

Great

I don't have details of the pricing yet, but this is from the initial announcement:

Upgrade Price: To be announced, we can assure you it will be very reasonable for existing owners of PokerTracker 3
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]