Raise probe stat i'm trying to make + a few other q's

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Raise probe stat i'm trying to make + a few other q's

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:49 am

For columns used in most "normal" percentage stats like these you want the Summary Type set to "sum".
WhiteRider

Postby MoniesRemovalPLC » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:56 pm

hey guys, i build the stat using the columns and value expression you supplied for the Fold Probe versus Raise stat, however when i tested it it didn't work correctly. Basically my opponent had 3 opportunities to probe but he didn't probe once, but the new stat gave me the statistic 0/3 where it shouldn't have registered anything b/c he hadn't faced a raise when probing???

heres a link to the stat i made... http://www.mediafire.com/?lbzxqf3t8eofe93
MoniesRemovalPLC

Postby MoniesRemovalPLC » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 pm

hey guys, been tesing this thing, i changed the columns to sum but its still not working.

also noticed another thing thats kinda interesting ~ when as PFR on btn HU, i check the flop back and the turn back and villain leads the river, this doesn't show up in the "probe river" stat ~ why is that thanks??
MoniesRemovalPLC

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Probes are a bit more specific in PT3 terms - they are bets out of position after a person who was in position and could have cbet chose not to do so.

So you raise on the btn and BB calls. BB checks, you check back and BB bets the turn - that's a turn probe. If the preflop action were the same, BB check/called your cbet on the flop and the turn was checked through and BB bet the river that is a river probe.
kraada

Postby MoniesRemovalPLC » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 pm

yh thought so ~ any idea about the Fold probe vs raise stat ??? definitely not working correctly, thanks for all your help sorry if i keep asking questions (guess your busy making PT4 atm)
MoniesRemovalPLC

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 am

Fold Probe vs Raise should be pretty straightforward, following on from the built-in cnt_t_probe column. All we need to do is add "AND folds" to the actions column and "AND faced a raise" to the opportunities column.

cnt_t_probe_fold =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X' and lookup_actions_p.action NOT LIKE '%R' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_fold, 1, 0])

Note: If you want to check for folding specifically to the first raise you could use this instead of flg_t_fold:
lookup_actions_t.action = 'BF'

cnt_t_probe_face_raise =
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X' and lookup_actions_p.action NOT LIKE '%R' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_face_raise, 1, 0])
WhiteRider

Postby MoniesRemovalPLC » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:45 pm

hey rider, you were correct in thinking i wanted the stat to tell me the number of times villain probed turn and then just folded to a raise on the turn (eg.if they call the raise then fold river that's counted as a not fold to turn raise), i made the following expression substituting in the lookup_actions_t.action = 'BF' for theflg_t_fold

cnt_t_probe_fold = sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X' and lookup_actions_p.action NOT LIKE '%R' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics., lookup_actions_t.action = 'BF' 1, 0])

but its says this expressions not valid?

Also once i get the expression to work ok, am i correct in thinking my stat will be the follwoing value expression:

(cnt_t_probe_face_raise / cnt_t_probe_fold ) *100 ????
MoniesRemovalPLC

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:53 am

Sorry - that's my fault. :oops:
You need to replace the entire database field name "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_fold" with the actions string, not just the bit after the dot.

This validates for me:

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_bet and lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X' and lookup_actions_p.action NOT LIKE '%R' and holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise and not(holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_t_has_position) AND lookup_actions_t.action = 'BF', 1, 0])

Your stat expression has the right format, but is the wrong way round - you want:

(cnt_t_probe_fold / cnt_t_probe_face_raise ) *100
WhiteRider

Postby MoniesRemovalPLC » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 am

WhiteRider wrote:For columns used in most "normal" percentage stats like these you want the Summary Type set to "sum".
do i need the "group by" check box checked for the columns???? edit... i looked online in your stat guide and i think it shouldnt be checked so no worries
MoniesRemovalPLC

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 am

You do not want these stats to group by.

Stats that group by turn reports into one row per value of that stat which isn't what you want to do here.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to General [Read Only]