PT3 Beta on Linux

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 Beta on Linux

Postby HangukMiguk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:59 pm

No, this isn't begging for a Linux version, I know that will be later down the line if you guys make it.

I decided to give the Windows version a shot on Linux through WINE, something PT2 failed to work with lately.

Using wine 0.9.53, I've gotten PT3 working, with little problems.

You do not need PT3 to install postgresql, as a native Linux install of it will work perfectly fine.

You might (if you haven't installed them) get a couple errors about ODBC drivers not being installed, but from what I was also told from somebody without those drivers, it works fine. I had already installed ODBC, so I had no problem.

Otherwise, PT3 works fine. I'm just now trying to find someone who will export my HH's from PT2 so that I can reimport into PT3 (I was using Access at the time, so no go with the conversion tool).

Anyway, I don't know whether the functionality will change once you put the registration codes in place in the final version, as that was the hotbed of problems when trying to install PT2 through WINE (Linux does not rely on Registry, and I'm supposing there was a problem with PT writing the codes to WINE's Registry), but barring all that, an attempt to compile a binary from source for Linux should work fine.

Also, installs to Mac using Crossover should run just as smoothly, provided you have postgres installed and configured.

I figured I'd just let you all know how PT3 is going on my end. The Windows errors may only be taken with a grain of salt, since it could be an error with PT's coding, or it could be a problem with WINE's functionality, but I'll keep you guys updated.
HangukMiguk

Return to General [Read Only]