Best of both worlds!

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Best of both worlds!

Postby runlikeyum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Guys. I currently run PT3 on my iMac and works fine. I have decided that i need to branch into the windows world to take advantage of pokerstove, SnG wizard and Party Poker

Can my ultimate setup below be achieved?

Windows 7 installed via parallels.....PT3 still governing the Stars and Tilt on Mac OS and PT3 or 4 running on my Paralles window using the same database that PT3 uses for stats and info. Can we make it this seamless?
runlikeyum

Re: Best of both worlds!

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:14 am

PT3 on Windows can use the PT3 database on the host Mac OS system, although you must avoid importing into a single database from two places at once (it sounds like you wouldn't be doing that).

Check out this tutorial which explains how to set things up.

Once the Mac version of PT4 is out the same will apply there, although you can't connect it to a PT3 database - you'd need PT4 on both the Mac host and Windows client.
WhiteRider

Postby runlikeyum » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 am

WhiteRider wrote:PT3 on Windows can use the PT3 database on the host Mac OS system, although you must avoid importing into a single database from two places at once (it sounds like you wouldn't be doing that).

Check out this tutorial which explains how to set things up.

Once the Mac version of PT4 is out the same will apply there, although you can't connect it to a PT3 database - you'd need PT4 on both the Mac host and Windows client.

So just to clarify...I can run PT3 on my Mac OSX and Windows via VM and the hand histories will automatically import from both OS's to a single database? So end result is HUD, graphs, reports and all data being identical when i look at PT3 in windows and mac?

Sorry if a silly question
runlikeyum

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 am

You need to do some configuration to your PostgreSQL setting to enable this, and tell PT3 in Windows to connect to the PostgreSQL service on the host, but once you've done that you can have everything in a single database, yes.
WhiteRider

Postby runlikeyum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You need to do some configuration to your PostgreSQL setting to enable this, and tell PT3 in Windows to connect to the PostgreSQL service on the host, but once you've done that you can have everything in a single database, yes.

Wow...you have just made my day sir!! Great news AND my the install disks arrived today for parallels and Windows 7...double win.

Ok..will read the tutorial like 100 times and then have a go at it. Wish me luck!
runlikeyum

Postby runlikeyum » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You need to do some configuration to your PostgreSQL setting to enable this, and tell PT3 in Windows to connect to the PostgreSQL service on the host, but once you've done that you can have everything in a single database, yes.

Just to double check...the tutorial you quoted is for PT4. Is it any different from PT3?
runlikeyum

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 am

No, the PostgreSQL settings are the same.
WhiteRider

Return to General [Read Only]