Different statistic results between PT2 and PT3

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Different statistic results between PT2 and PT3

Postby Bloodchild » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi,

even if you may not want to here it, after testing PT3 I found that PT3 shows at the section hands option final hands no
criteria to select only hands played which made handanalysis pretty useless in my opinion. Anyhow I importat the hands
in my poker tracker 2 and I was suprised to see that certain values differ which should not be because the values have
the same name.

Handbasis were 5519 hands which I played this month.

For instance in PT3 is my W$WSF differs from 40.45 in PT3 and 39.86 in PT2
Much more is the differenc between Folded SB to steal which was in PT3 lower at about 3%
and Folded BB to steal differs between PT2 and PT3 at about 5%
Total AF differs at about .6%
and W$ at Showdown is about 2% higher in PT3 than in PT2

All other values are identical.

I was wondering why those tools differ that much in the same values because the should be
identical in both programs if I use the same basis.

With regards

Bloodchild
Bloodchild

Re: Different statistic results between PT2 and PT3

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:52 am

PT3 includes split pots where you won money in W$WSF and W$SD which PT2 doesn't, so that's why it's slightly higher.

I think there is a similar difference in the definition of the steal stats, but I can't remember the detail.
Something like, PT2 includes hands where the cutoff raised and button called as a steal against the SB, which PT3 doesn't count.
There was a bug in the SB steal stats, but this was fixed - if you imported hands in an older version (prior to B12) they may be incorrect though.
If you have any specific hands which are incorrectly reported as steals (or not) then please attach the hand histories to a ticket on the Support system.

Bloodchild wrote:..that PT3 shows at the section hands option final hands no criteria to select only hands played which made handanalysis pretty useless in my opinion.

What do you mean by this?
Do you mean you only want to see hands which you chose to play? You can filter to hands you VP$IP.
WhiteRider

Postby Bloodchild » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:59 am

Bloodchild wrote:..that PT3 shows at the section hands option final hands no criteria to select only hands played which made handanalysis pretty useless in my opinion.

What do you mean by this?
Do you mean you only want to see hands which you chose to play? You can filter to hands you VP$IP.

<-- In misc stats at PT2 it does show the Hands that went to show down. In Pt3 unter the second hands option final hands it includes
all hands like BB or SB foldet. Where I could not find a option to deselect those hands.

Still the differences in the stats results are confussing because many users are used to those and may evaluate there game
after the way they used to.

With regards

Bloodchild
Bloodchild

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:33 am

Yes, the final hands report showing all hands regardless of whether you actually made the hand before folding isn't what I want to see either, but it's possible to filter to hands you won, or hands you went to showdown, etc. You can also create a custom report to include only the best hand you made before folding - I had a version of this a while ago, I'll try to find it or recreate it.

The stats in PT3 should match PT2 except where an inaccuracy was identified.
I did quite a lot of this kind of testing in the early alpha tests and I think we found most of the differences, and any that are left are due to PT3 doing things more correctly.
Certainly I'd want hands where I won money in a split pot to count as a win (probably even hands where I 'won' but lost money) - PT2 just ignores split pots.
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]