F-Secure is known to cause problems too - see below.
If you're using McAfee Personal Firewall version 5 or later or McAfee Internet Security version 6 or later, please follow these instructions to add an exception to allow internet access for PokerTracker:
- Right-click the McAfee icon in the notification area at the far right of the taskbar.
- Open the McAfee Personal Firewall Plus console.
- On the left navigation bar, select Internet Applications.
- If PokerTracker.exe is already on the list, delete it by selecting PokerTracker.exe from the list and then click "Delete Application Rule" under "Change Permission To".
- Add PokerTracker to the list:
* Click "New Allowed Application".
* Click "Browse", locate the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3 folder, and then double-click the PokerTracker file. Note: The computer settings determine whether the file name is followed by the extension ".exe".
- Make sure that "Allow Full Access" is indicated under "Permissions" for PokerTracker. If PokerTracker is not set to "Allow Full Access", select PokerTracker in the "Internet Applications list", and then click "Allowed Full Access" under "Change Permission To".
- Do the same for the files C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\bin\pg_ctl.exe and C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\bin\postgres.exe.
- Refer to McAfeee Help for more information about any other version of McAfee. Choose a product and a category, and then look for information about how to configure your McAfee to allow an application to access the Internet.
F-Secure is also known to cause problems - one user found that disabling just the GateKeeper element allowed the rest of F-Secure to continue running and PT3 to work.
This is not an official solution - we haven't tried it ourselves..