How do I get back to Build 4

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

How do I get back to Build 4

Postby Smoky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:33 am

I love your product and it is worth every penny to me.

However, this week I updated to Build 4 and now I have a disaster. It took a reboot before I was able to install my registration code. Sounds simple, but it took me 8 hours to figure that out. Ought to be in your instructions.

Now I have a problem getting the tracker to appear. I open it and it seems like it is loading, but then never gets to the main screen. I try to open it again and it says it is already running. If I open my task manager, I don;t see the application, but I do see pokertracker.exe in the process screen. If I try to use the task manager to close it, IT REFUSES TO CLOSE. I have to reboot to get rid of it, and then it starts all over again when I try to open after a reboot.

Yes I do run Norton. But what flavor of Norton are you talking about. Norton 360? Norton System Works? Norton Internet Security? Norton Anti-Virus?

I run Norton 360. I agree with the other fellow who suggests you need to make sure your program is compatible. If it worked with Build 4, then you should know how to make it work with Build 5. Perhaps Build 5 is not yet ready for release? I run tons of software and PT3 is the only one having trouble with Norton 360 (If indeed that is the conflict).

I'd like to get back to Build 3 which works fine for me and wait until Build 4 settles down. Can I uninstall Build 4 and reinstall Build 3? I have the original complete download file for Build 3 I got when I signed on for this fine product.

Thanks for any help on this,

Smoky
Smoky

Re: How do I get back to Build 4

Postby Smoky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:36 am

I meant to say above that I updated to Build 5 and now wish to get back to build 4. It was Build 4 that I liked. Sorry I got Build 4 confused with Build 3.
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 am

You can't really go back to Build 4 because there have been changes to the database structure.
Please see this thread about the Norton issues - it works with the latest version.
Build 5 works fine - you should be able to configure your firewall to allow it to run but some firewalls do not seem to do this correctly.
WhiteRider

Postby Smoky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:19 am

Whiterider, it appears I may have finessed the situation. This may be of help to other members.

I took the free upgrade for Norton360 and downloaded it off the web. I upgraded to version 3.0.0.135. Everything is fine now. I did not have to uninstall anything, it was done all automatically by the update. Anyone with a current subscription can do this update for free. It works better with email as a bonus.

Smoky
Smoky

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:26 am

That's good news - thanks for letting us know.
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]