postgreSQL

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

postgreSQL

Postby Gallinho » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:18 pm

i have just recently got a new computer because my last one crashed so i lost my PT3 database, so i downloaded PT3 and postgresql again and it worked fine for my first session but when i tried opening PT3 today i got a message in red writing saying ' PokerTracker was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases. Please make sure you have PostgreSQL running.'
So i tried importing hands and it crashed, and then i went through the PostgreSQL thread on here and did everything it said including disabling user accounts and downloaded the latest version of PostgreSQL just fine, and then i checked in task manager that it was running and it was, then downloaded pt3 upgrade but i'm still getting the same message.
Gallinho

Re: postgreSQL

Postby Gallinho » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 pm

sorry i just realised i should have put this in the postgre section of the forum, just to add icant access my PT3 database at all now and ive also tried disabling the firewall and that makes no difference
Gallinho

Re: postgreSQL

Postby the other mike » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi -

As a Vista user you will want to be sure to follow the steps in these if you haven't already:

Required disabling of Vista's UAC (steps 1 - 6 only)
Running Poker software as "Administrator" (see "ATTENTION: Windows VISTA users...")

About the problem, you may have a security program interfering and for some disabling is inadequate. But from your description it isn't clear what the state of your setup now is. So since you've only just reinstalled from the crash, use this to uninstall PostgreSQL (specifically, removing "postgres" user and manually deleting or renaming the "PostgreSQL" folder at "C:/Program Files"): http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/docs/PokerTracker3_Manual_Uninstall_Reinstall_PostgreSQL.pdf

Once you reach the "Installation" steps in the PDF, stop there and instead click and download this: http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/download.php?file=PT-Install-v3.00.5.1.pgsql.exe

Then note these remedies for security programs if yours is listed:

- "F-Secure", "Telia SafeSurf", "NOD32" or the "Charter" security package you will need to uninstall the one you have and use an alternative

- "McAfee" please see this: McAfee and Pokertracker3

- "Kaspersky" may also need to be uninstalled

- "Norton" users should see this http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20986

Temporarily disable any others.

Then either using the Vista Administrator account or right-clicking on the file you just downloaded, choose "Run as Administrator" and install PokerTracker3 over your existing copy. Then in the same way start PokerTracker3 after it's installed and it will install PostgreSQL for you.

If you were using additional database(s) then they won't be in the new installation of PostgreSQL and PokerTracker3 may complain - if it does click "Database -> Database Management", then "New", "This database already exists" and "Browse databases" to add them back to PokerTracker3.

Mike
the other mike

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]