one more Question about custom reports

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

one more Question about custom reports

Postby Eav1981 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Thank you very much for promply answering my earlier question, i did not think it would be a good idea to post my thanks in the last post as it would bump it to the top of the list. I have one more question i need help with please

I have created a custom report, I have added filters to that report. (Filtered for player with only 500+ hands, and have filtered it for Big Blind position) When the report comes up, it shows me the Big Bets/100 hands for the Big blind position> what i would like to see as well in the same report is the amount of Big bets won or lost TOTAL. (not just the big blind position) is this posible?

Thank you very much
Emin
Eav1981

Re: one more Question about custom reports

Postby kraada » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 am

Emin,

You would need to create custom statistics that include the filtering you want. PT3 cannot display within a report some data for a filtered situation and some for the situation unfiltered (you want filtered bb/100, but unfiltered bb won). The only real option is to create custom stats that mimic the filter so that you can run everything unfiltered but have the stats themselves display their data as if they were filtered.

Regardless, you might want to take a look at this winrate calculator. In order for actual win to be even remotely related to actual long term winrate you need at least several thousand hands and a ridiculous winrate. Given a more normal winrate, you'd really need 50,000 hands or more.
kraada

Postby Eav1981 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Thank you once again for a very promp reply.

Could you please point me in the right direction as to how to create cusom statistics, is there a guide or any thing of that sort available or is this a option for "computer programmers" only?
Eav1981

Postby Mist » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Mist

Postby Eav1981 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Is it possible to have a some one create a custom statistic with the information that i am intrested in. I can pay via Pay-pal. If any of the moderators or people who are proficient with custom statistics are intrested please let me know how much you think would be fair. I can pay full amount upfront for any moderator, and full amount after recieving finished product for any forum member.

I would like custom statistic reports with the following:

First custom report
1st: All players to be filtered and only show players with BB/100 hands > 0 (winning players only)
2nd: Positional stats for these players (how many BB/100 hands are they winning/losing from each position)

Second Custom report
1st: All players to be filtered and only show player with BB/100 Hands < 0 (losing players only)
2nd: Positional stats for these players (how Many BB/100 hands are they winning/losing from each position)
Eav1981

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:30 am

To build the first parts of your custom reports is very easy.
On the Texas Holdem > Cash Games > Reports tab, select the section Holdem Cash Player Statistics and give your report a name.
Add the stats you want to see: Player, Hands, Amount Won, BB/100, etc.
Click the Filters link in the report config area.
Enter this in the Filter Expression section:
#BB/100# > 0
Click 'Save' and the filter will appear in the top section.
You will probably want to filter for players with a certain number of hands too, so add:
#Hands# > 100
(or whatever values you like).
To see all players listed you need to uncheck Filter On Active Player.
Click OK and run the report - you should see all winning players listed.

The 'by position' part is a bit more complicated.
In simple terms if you add the "Postition" stat to your report it will break each player down by position, so you get a row for each position, which works fine.
Unfortunately the filters are applied to each row, so if you use the #BB/100#>0 filter it will only show positions where the player is winning overall - the filter applies to each row in the report, not each player.
You could either set up a separate similar report and leave the Filter To Active Player option enabled and remove the bb/100>0 filter so that all of a single player's positions are shown (but that would make the process pretty long-winded unless you're interested in a few individuals) or you would need position-specific custom stat versions of BB/100 for each position.
The second option (new custom stats) is a bit more long-winded to build, although it's pretty simple, but it would mean you could have the positional results as columns rather than rows, and you'd be able to see each player in a single row.

Let us know what you think and we'll help you build your positional stats if that's the way you want to go - there are already some positional stats in the Repository if you want to have a look at some examples of how to do it.

Custom Statistics and Reports FAQ
WhiteRider

Postby Eav1981 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks alot, i really apreciate you all taking the time to help me out. For now i only needed the statistics of a hand full of players so this helped alot. I also looked in the Repository link you provided because i found this subject intresting, but that didnt help me much because i downloaded 2 different stats but could not figure out how they were built from ground up, I opened the files with Notepad (im guessing this was where the mistake is at) and couldnt understand some of the parameters.

Thanks again
Emin
Eav1981

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:01 am

The files won't make any sense in Notepad becuase they are not text files.
You need to import the stats into PT3 - have a look at the "how to" link top right of the repository page, and then look at the stat in the Configure Stats window.
Custom Stats guide
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]