Rush HUD

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rush HUD

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 pm

How many stats do you have on your HUD and popup? If you try paring it down to only those stats you really want to see it might help.
kraada

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

kraada wrote:How many stats do you have on your HUD and popup? If you try paring it down to only those stats you really want to see it might help.

if you take a look at my video i uploaded you'll see, I have 2 hud windows for each player, one on the right and one on the left of the player. On the left side I have:

VPIP
PFR
AF
ATS
Fold BB2Steal

On the right of the player I have:

Total Hands Played
3bet Preflop
CBet Flop
Fold to F CBet
WTSD

I have the default popup on the left hud window/panel/widget thing and no popup on the right one. If anything I'd rather add more stats to my hud but this is what I trimed it down to so i could read it quicker, and i just use the popup for other specific positional stats. I could try it with no popup but that could wouldn't be great either.
techvoodoo

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm

techvoodoo wrote:The exact issue is that the HUD wants to update for every single hand played, not the current hand you are on.

We coded it to cancel all the queries for the previous hand and only update the latest hand. Obviously there is something not right with how this is working, but your logs will help a lot. Thanks.
tarix
Developer

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 pm

If there are any stats you don't use regularly in the popup you may want to consider removing them until such time as we have a chance to get out performance fixes. It might well help.

Also did you ever try following the Advanced directions in the Performance Tuning: PostgreSQL? If you didn't, I'd recommend giving it a try as that would likely help some too.
kraada

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 pm

techovoodoo:

I'm looking at your ticket now so we'll finish this up there.
tarix
Developer

Postby A_D_D » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

I just sent a ticket that includes a few minutes of logging for both pokertracker and HUD. Also included other information that I hope will be helpful. Ticket # 81114

Below is a copy of the info that I sent:

Issue: Lagging HUD stats Rush tables.

My system is Windows XP - AMD 64 Processor 3800+ – 2.39 GHz – 960 MB Ram and I believe the RPM is 7200, the serial number for the disk drive is ST3200822AS. 80% free space on C drive.

I have already done the items below.

1) Enabled Rush
2) Set up a separate database
3) Deleted mods
4) Deleted all pop ups
5) Customized table stats total only 8
6) House Keeping on Rush Database
7) Tried adjusting HUD performance rating to 3 - no difference.

Description of the problem:

The correct stats show up after a few hands, and those same exact stats remain for a random number of hands 5 - 15 then disappear. I have a blank screen with no stats for a random amount of time and then they usually reappear with the correct player stats and the process repeats. Or something like that. It catches up sometimes if I play a hand or two and only with the current stats – in other words, when it does finally change the stats are correct.

One thing – McAfee tosses out what it thinks is a Trojan that you are already aware of. I disabled McAfee and allowed the “Trojan” and that makes no difference.
A_D_D

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm

If you are running on older hardware be sure you disable the memory grabber. It takes up a lot of CPU time on non Core2 Duo machines.
tarix
Developer

Postby GoretexG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

I have the same issue. Ill try to describe it as thoroughly as I can:

I have the default PT3 Hud. It has VPIP, PFR, AF, 3bet, fold to 3bet, fold BB to steal, fold sb to steal. I didnt touch my FTP setup at all. It is just a standard racetrack (I think) table and didnt mess around with any mods. My PT3 hud is also set to optimize preformance.

When one tabling, the issue is much less clear. The first few hands show up fine and usually by the time that I fold a hand and start a new one, I can use the hud during preflop play. If I use the quickfold button, it seems as though the "hud display" gets backtracked a little bit. So if I finish hand 15 and already am on hand 16 and then 17, I have to first see hand 15 in my hud, then wait for 16 to pop up, and then I have to wait for 17 to open up after that. So using the quickfold button or going through hands pretty fast, means that I have to wait for the hud to popup for the previous hands etc, until I get to the hand which I am on right now. Basically the hud never catches up to the present hand. After a while, the hud just gets stuck on one of my tables (just like its doing now).

When multitabling, this issue becomes much greater. After a few hands, I just am unable to use the hud because it never shows the correct hud for the correct hand unless I wait for a very long time.
GoretexG

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Please report your issue with log files as that will help us significantly in figuring out where the lag is coming from.
kraada

Postby GoretexG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:48 pm

I ran a log for my other problem that I have which I wrote about in the other thread (auto import not showing the hands for rush poker), and somehow the hud worked a little bit better with logging enabled.

Ill run another test though so that I can make a log for both of these issues at once.

Ticket sent with logs
GoretexG

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]