Rush HUD

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rush HUD

Postby texasAUtiger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 pm

I am running postgresql 8.2... might it make sense (and help?) to change similar parameters in 8.2. to improve HUD performance? If so, I don't see similarly named config files but I will keep looking depending on your response.

Thanks again you guys are a great help.
texasAUtiger

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

8.2 should have a postgresql.conf file as well though you may need to find it yourself. 8.2 is pretty old though, so you might want to consider upgrading from the 8.2 line to the 8.4 line (going from 8.x to 8.y takes a lot of work so if you're already going to do it, might as well go to 8.4). To do that you'd backup your database via File --> Backup, uninstall PostgreSQL, install the new 8.4 version, then File --> Restore, though I recommend waiting until Beta 30.4 as there seem to be some restore problems in 30.3.
kraada

Postby GoretexG » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 pm

I have to say that after doing this procedure I do see a noticable increase in performance. Its still a bit off though, but tomorrow Ill send some logs in so that you guys can see if it made a big difference and if there is anything else which I can change.
GoretexG

Postby tarix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm

GoretexG wrote:Its still a bit off though, but tomorrow Ill send some logs in so that you guys can see if it made a big difference and if there is anything else which I can change.

Hopefully the improvements with 30.4 will get you the rest of the way there.
tarix
Developer

Postby A_D_D » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Great work guys. The Postgres upgrade did it here. Many, many thanks. :D
A_D_D

Postby Matsamuy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:13 am

I tried the postgres upgrade and it didn't really seem to help anything. I'm still having the same issue: One tabling the HUD works near flawlessly, but the moment I add a second table the HUD get's slowed down and gets "behind" quickly to the point of uselessness.
Matsamuy

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:30 am

Matsamuy wrote:I tried the postgres upgrade and it didn't really seem to help anything. I'm still having the same issue: One tabling the HUD works near flawlessly, but the moment I add a second table the HUD get's slowed down and gets "behind" quickly to the point of uselessness.

I'm expecting beta 30.4 later today (or possibly tomorrow) so please try that and if you still have performance issues then report your problem.
WhiteRider

Postby tarix » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:50 am

Matsamuy wrote:I tried the postgres upgrade and it didn't really seem to help anything. I'm still having the same issue: One tabling the HUD works near flawlessly, but the moment I add a second table the HUD get's slowed down and gets "behind" quickly to the point of uselessness.

What is your support ticket #? You aren't on my list yet.
tarix
Developer

Postby A_D_D » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:11 am

I should also note that in addition to and prior to upgrading postgres, I carefully backed up and Deleted all databases except for the Rush database. I also scraped all pop up stats in the default HUD. So, my Pokertracker is essentially empty except for 20,000 Rush hands.

I can't say with any certainty what impact each action had on performance, but I can now run at least 3 tables of Rush with nearly instant updates. I'm also using table and cards mods.
A_D_D

Postby Matsamuy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 pm

tarix wrote:

What is your support ticket #? You aren't on my list yet.

I haven't sent one in yet, sorry I got this link through 2+2 and didn't actually throw a log in. My mistake, I'll wait until 30.4 to see how things work out and if I'm still having issues I'll throw my log in.
Matsamuy

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]