Rush HUD

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rush HUD

Postby slayer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:17 am

HUD is laggy when multi-tabling, or in other words: Useless.
1 table works okay.
slayer

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 am

Please follow tarix's directions from earlier in this thread - the more information we have about this issue the quicker we will be able to establish any problems and get them fixed.

Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report
WhiteRider

Postby dHazed » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 am

Ok, I'm basically experiencing the same lagging problem as many others who posted after me. I'm definitely not a computer expert, but here are computer specs:

XP Pro 2002, SP2
Intel Core 2Duo CPU E8500 @ 3,16GHz
3,18GHz, 2,00 GB RAM

I play with "classic" table view and a simple table mod (should I get rid of it?). Also, pardon me if I sound too hopelessly noob, but how do I create a separate DB just for Rush hands? And how do I set up a specific, simpler HUD to run only when I play Rush (so having my standard HUD running when I play normal tables)? Thanks a lot for the help
dHazed

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 am

We haven't done any testing on table mods, though I'd expect it to not work entirely rather than lag.

To create a separate database click Database --> Database Management --> New, call your database whatever you want then click Create. If you want to reimport your Rush hands into it, do that via the manual import tab when that database is active (there's a Set Active button on the Database Management tab). Have that database as active when playing only Rush, switch back when playing anything else, and you'll need to also configure the Configure --> Configure Hud --> Hud Options window to use the correct databases when you switch game types.
kraada

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 am

Can someone with the "hands are behind" problem please send us a log? I played for over two hours today and never saw this issue. My computer is pretty much the same specs as most of what has been posted here.
tarix
Developer

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:55 am

i'm trying to but the log is 12mb (played 63 hands) and it won't attach...
techvoodoo

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 am

Have you tried zipping it up already? If not, do that and it should be small enough to attach without any problem.
kraada

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 am

good call on zipping it i'll resubmit the support ticket.
techvoodoo

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

resubmitted with the 2 log files in a .zip.
techvoodoo

Postby techvoodoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

hey i thought i'd add some more info about my problem with the rush hud and the stats lagging behind the current hand in progress.

First my PC specs are:
3.2ghz core 2 duo
4gb ram
160gb SATA 7200 hdd
winxp

My database has about 50,000 hands in it and all housekeeping has been done. My HDD is defragmented and has 95gb of free space (it's not 99% full and running slow). All drivers and OS updates are current.

The exact issue is that the HUD wants to update for every single hand played, not the current hand you are on. So for example you are at the table and mashing quick fold 8 times and find yourself in the big blind the 9th hand the HUD wants to display hand 1-8 before it will display the 9th hand, and it takes around 2 seconds (maybe slightly more) to update and display each of those HUD stats. That's 16 seconds minimum to get through all those hands but I just mashed my way through those 8 hands in about 10 seconds.

At that point it would be more useful to not show the hud at all unless I ask to see it. not that this is the solution but if I could click a button when I've decided to play a hand that says show hud now and brings up the hud for my current and, that is much more useful than waiting for the HUD to show my stats from 3 hands ago, than 2 hands ago, then 1 hand ago, then the current hand (opps you just timed out because you waited for stats on that UTG raiser to appear).

I don't feel like this is necessarily an issue with poker tracker or the HUD but an issue with the performance of my PC being able to pull the data from the DB, and draw the hud on the screen as fast as I can play (or not play and fold in this case). I normally 16 table so I can blow through hands quick folding at RUSH. Maybe it is an issue with PT3, but only that it's trying to show data on players for hands that were basicly never played which isn't useful in this type of game.

Not sure how to fix it, I don't know if you can do any performance tuning to make the hud more responsive, but it doesn't feel like what you would call a "bug" because it's working correctly, just not fast enough.
techvoodoo

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]