FAQ: Rush Hud Performance Tuning

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FAQ: Rush Hud Performance Tuning

Postby redpalo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Set refresh rate to "refresh every" 1 second in Hud Options, makes rush poker a breeze unless you have a really old system. Default is 5 seconds, it gets backed up when only updating every 5 seconds.

Told PT support that's how I fixed my problem after trying everything here, they just closed my ticket and I don't even know if they read my message. Sure hope this info helps some other tilted PT users.
redpalo

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 am

The "update every" setting isn't seconds, it is number of hands. For Rush tables this setting is not used in Beta 30.6 and it will always update every hand.
I think I remember your ticket, but I would have replied before I closed it, I think. What is the ticket number? (You can always re-open tickets by replying as normal, if you want to.)
WhiteRider

Postby redpalo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:31 am

Believe me, it was slow as snot until I changed this to 1. Maybe it's supposed to update every 1 hand without changing this, but it isn't working the way you think it's supposed to?
It is near instant now. Hands, not seconds = makes sense! Just trying to help, don't sweat the ticket I'm just happy I'm not on PT tilt any more. I'm using 30.6 beta.
redpalo

Postby nelliesman93 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

nelliesman93 wrote:
tarix wrote:
nelliesman93 wrote:I searched for both in the log and only found "POP0" My times were not very consistent. Here are a few:

Can you create a support ticket and attach some logs of this? Your numbers are clearly in the "not good" territory.

Ticket was submitted.

Note: I tried using your settings for a 2GB system and PT would start but PostgreSQL would not start the DB. I would receive the screen stating I needed to choose a DB but they were grayed out.

Ticket # 82939
nelliesman93

Postby tarix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 pm

redpalo wrote:Set refresh rate to "refresh every" 1 second in Hud Options, makes rush poker a breeze unless you have a really old system. Default is 5 seconds, it gets backed up when only updating every 5 seconds.

Rush Hud ignores that setting completely in Beta 30.6. Are you sure you didn't change anyone else?
tarix
Developer

Postby redpalo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:15 pm

tarix wrote: Are you sure you didn't change anyone else?

I tried several things, which didn't help much, but this was the one that made the huge difference

You tried this on one of your test machines to confirm it is not very laggy before you change this setting? 8.3.9 & beta 30.6 fresh install. I understand you are certain that it doesn't read this setting, but I swear I'm not crazy... anyway unfortunately I don't have any other thing to offer that I did, besides this fixed it for me and I'm 100% certain of it.
redpalo

Postby Josh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Can you reproduce the problem by switching the setting back to what it was? If so, we would appreciate it if you could do so, grab a log file, then switch it back to 1, then grab another log file. That way we can try to identify what exactly is going on. Tarix is right, that setting shouldn't be affecting anything with Rush tables.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby sammy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello,

I also have performance problems in the later game.
When I start playing at 4 table the performance is ok till about 300 hands played, then the lagg gets bigger an bigger.

I´m using the newest version of postgres -> 8.4
I did the settings for my 4Gb System like suggested

PT is updatet to 3.6
I m housekeeping PT3 everyday.
My Database is only with Rush Hands and the size is just about 30k Hands

My System:
Windows 7 64 bit home

AMD Quadcore 3,2Ghz
4Gb Ram

anything else you need ?
sammy

Postby tarix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

redpalo wrote:You tried this on one of your test machines to confirm it is not very laggy before you change this setting? 8.3.9 & beta 30.6 fresh install. I understand you are certain that it doesn't read this setting, but I swear I'm not crazy... anyway unfortunately I don't have any other thing to offer that I did, besides this fixed it for me and I'm 100% certain of it.

I always run with the refresh rate set to 1 at the lowest level and I could easily reproduce the lag problem with either 3 or 4 tables.

Can you post a screenshot of your hud options screen so we can see what else is different? There are lots of options on that screen.
tarix
Developer

Postby sammy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:28 am

now I updatet to 3.7 but it isn´t really faster.
sammy

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]