FAQ: Rush Hud Performance Tuning

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FAQ: Rush Hud Performance Tuning

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 am

Please report your problem and post your ticket number here.
WhiteRider

Postby redpalo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 am

tarix wrote:I always run with the refresh rate set to 1 at the lowest level and I could easily reproduce the lag problem with either 3 or 4 tables.

I also used to have this setting, but after I reinstalled my OS I had not changed that setting back (sorta forgot about it until I started trying all kinds of things when the stuff in this thread didn't work). I upgraded to windows 7 and after removing/reinstalling PT with the "vista" instructions, this was what was causing my lag. My HUD setting were 100% default at that time I changed it because I didn't want to go customizing anything again until i figured out the lag problem...

After reading this whole thread looking for solutions, it occurred to me that some others having trouble with rush might not have changed this setting ever and it is still at default - if you only usually play 1 or 2 tables tables then you start playing rush, that's when you would notice this. So I wanted to pass it along as a possible reason for some people.

Josh, since Tarix already reproduced the problem I hope you don't need anything else from me in terms of logs, etc.

I'm not saying this is the be-all end-all solution to rush lag, but for some people, I think this is part of or maybe all of the problem which is why I posted it here.

Also if anyone reinstalled their PT to try to fix rush lag, this setting would be back. Obviously you didn't intend for it to look at this setting so hopefully your devs can figure that out so it doesn't! :)

Thanks
-Jenny

p.s. do you guys have any instruction for restoring postgreSQL databases from flat file backup?
redpalo

Postby kraada » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 am

We'll definitely investigate this further for you.

What do you mean by "flat file backup"?
kraada

Postby texasAUtiger » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 am

redpalo,

do you mean you set all three of those windows to 1 or just the first one?
texasAUtiger

Postby tarix » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 am

texasAUtiger wrote:do you mean you set all three of those windows to 1 or just the first one?

I have mine set at 0 to 100000 = 1 since the cache changes came in for Beta 30.6. Then I deleted all of the others.
tarix
Developer

Postby tarix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:39 pm

We are currently testing special builds of PT3 to sort out the last of the Rush issues. You must have an open support ticket with us to receive access to these builds.
tarix
Developer

Postby texasAUtiger » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm

tarix wrote:We are currently testing special builds of PT3 to sort out the last of the Rush issues. You must have an open support ticket with us to receive access to these builds.

You guys are DEFINITELY onto something in this version!!!

Details are in my ticket reply... ticket #81557.
texasAUtiger

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 am

Thanks.
WhiteRider

Postby Django30 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Ticket send, number 83378
Thanks.
Django30

Postby MathP » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Ticket 82482.

I had many issues mixed in there, but the only thing I really care about is the rush lag.
MathP

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]