autorate bug

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: autorate bug

Postby Starman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:57 pm

OK, I've done that and all is well, including auto import.

Another question.

Background: I've set my rules for 6-max, run Rate Players for 6-max tables only and have all my rules in place. I now decide to switch to full ring (which I played for all of 2009 but not in 2010) . I export my 6max rules as a backup, rewrite my rulesets to apply to FR tables, untick all the 6-max boxes and tick all the FR ones in auto rate config, and set the auto rate start date to 1/1/2009. I set my HUD with player ranges 2-6 and 7-10. I then sit at a FR table without running Rate Players. At that table is a player against whom I played often at FR during 2009. He doesn't have an icon because I've only run Rate Players for hands from 6max tables.

The question is, when auto rate imports that player's first hand, will it also find the hands I played against him during 2009 and rate him accordingly, or will it treat that hand as Hand 1? And, if I'd played both FR and 6max against that player (in which case he'd have an icon from my previous 6Max Rate Players), would it (re)rate him on just his FR hands (given that I unticked all the 6max boxes in auto rate config above)?

If it treats his first hand as Hand 1, and/or doesn't re-rate, then I suppose I'll have to run Rate Players again, and re-run it every time I switch from 6max to FR or vice versa (to ensure that any player against whom I have hands at both 6max and FR is correctly rated).
Starman

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't know the answer to your question off hand, I'm afraid, but I would expect it to use all hands including any already in the database - the ratings aren't based on play of new hands, but on the player's overall stats.

On the "Criteria" tab of the Auto Rate rules window you can specify the number of players at the table, and only hands where there were that many players will be used for the rating.
WhiteRider

Postby Starman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:57 am

I fired up some FR ring tables to see what would happen. Several old regs were still there and they all had non-default icons showing. These wouldn't have been already assigned, since I've never run Rate Players for FR games, so it looks as though they've been assigned during auto import, which is good news.

It appears, then, that if you just want icons to show in the HUD for your opponents (as opposed to everybody already in your db), there's no need to run Rate Players at all - just change your auto rate config options to suit and then auto import will take care of the rest.

The only question then remaining (and I don't expect you to answer it, I'll find out by trial) is how the import will deal with someone on whom I have both 6max and FR stats and who plays both types of table. Ideally, if he's, say, Loose-Passive/Passive at FR and Loose-Passive/Aggressive at 6max and I configure auto rate to use either >=7 players/FRmax rulesets or 2-6 players/6max rulesets, depending on what I'm playing, auto rate will flip his icon back and forth each time after it imports his first hand of a session.

My recent interest in auto rate has been prompted by Stars' recent changes to include coloured note indicators (especially their inclusion in the lobby) and software such as Notecaddy. I don't know whether FT have the same system but, if they don't, I expect they soon will, and those two must include a high % of PT3's users. It would be really good if there were a tab in auto rate config that would set the colour-code number in those sites' player note files according to the rating. Is that feasible?
Starman

Postby kraada » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 am

Features like these have been requested in the past and are on the development team's list of features to add in future versions, though I do not know exactly when they will become available.
kraada

Postby Starman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 pm

That's good to know.

Thanks for all the quick responses; much appreciated. Maybe I should play some poker now ;)
Starman

Postby kraada » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Good luck at the tables then :)
kraada

Postby Marjel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

auto-rate not work after manual import
Marjel

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Do you have "Auto Rate After Manual Import" checked on the Configure --> Auto-Rate Criteria tab?
kraada

Postby Marjel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

kraada wrote:Do you have "Auto Rate After Manual Import" checked on the Configure --> Auto-Rate Criteria tab?

yes.. after manual import i have checked up players who must be rates, and see, that It hasn't occurred.. after start auto-rate they have been sorted
Marjel

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Please report this problem then so that we can investigate further for you - this is the first I've heard of that particular issue.
kraada

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]