Boss HUD problem

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Boss HUD problem

Postby tarix » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 am

deepspace wrote:any idea how to workaround or a fix will be available?

If you wish to disable this limitation you can add AlwaysAllowHud=Y to the [HandReplayer] section of PokerTracker.cfg
tarix
Developer

Postby deepspace » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:42 pm

that will do it for a while, thx
deepspace

Postby Ketelsen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 pm

WhiteRider wrote:I know that the development team have spoken about it, and that they have a plan - I'm told this should be implemented towards the end of the year but I'll keep pushing for it.

Any news on this ?

And shouldn't it work on Boss Media sites where the tables have different names (like Mermaid Poker - See link for screenshot) ? http://tinypic.com/r/2u4ocg6/7
Ketelsen

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 am

There aren't any updates, but that may be possible to support. Please enable logging and play a couple of them, and attach a screenshot along with the hand history files and the PokerTracker.log file to a support ticket.

Tutorial: report a problem
WhiteRider

Postby Tolp » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 am

So in the shadow of the announcment of PT4 I suppose HUD support for Boss Media SnGs and MTTs won't happen for PT3 after all? You guys promised us to look into that issue for a very long time. As far as I am aware the competition can display the HUD for Boss Media tournaments. Playing primarily on the Boss Media network I'm really disappointed being left standing in the rain for at least another couple of months. (Not to mention not having a HUD cost me quite some money...). I didn't go for the competition, because I believed in your reassurances, the concept of PT and in your customer support, which is for the most part really outstanding. Still, I hope you can understand my disappointment and that you can give me and every other Boss Media network user a straight answer:
Will PT4 be able to display a HUD for Boss Media Stn Gos and MTTs on its release?

Thx!
Tolp

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 am

I can't confirm any additional features for the PT4 release beyond what is in the announcement at this point in time.
kraada

Postby Tolp » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 am

I understand. Can you at least confirm we won't get any hud support in PT3 for tournaments on the Boss Media network to end this farce? I mean it's pretty obvious we won't after all that has (not) happened. I'm aware you guys are running a buisness and you can't and don't want to say this is or isn't going to happen. I can understand that - to some extend. But you promised (for years) in serveral threads to work on this issue. In other threads you guys say how difficult it was to work on PT4, because you wanted to keep PT3 working with as many sites as possible and as up-to-date as possible. You say how closley you are working together with the poker sites. This is all fine and good, but still you can't come up with a solution for one of the most "basic" features, displaying a Hud on a torunament table. I'm aware that this might be tricky for the Boss Media network, but if the competition can do it I'm sure so can you...
Tolp

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 am

Given the PT4 announcement I would not expect any new major PT3 features, but I cannot say that with 100% certainty. Our HUD normally finds tables by looking at the window title and matching it to the table description in the hand history file. This doesn't work with Boss as they don't give the window titles unique descriptions. In PT3 we don't have any technology currently for manually locating and attaching the HUD to a window - building that entire interface is not a small task. I realize this has been an issue for quite some time, and it's not something we've forgotten about, but I don't have any more details on it at this point for you.
kraada

Postby Tolp » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:58 am

Ok kraada, thx for your reply. I hope you can make Boss Media tournaments work in PT4, it's about time. I really don't want to change trackers because of this.
Nevertheless, all the best for PT4!
Tolp

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]