Boss HUD problem

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Boss HUD problem

Postby seryks » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am

Hey Guys.I have a problem.
Im using PT3 and the hud doesnt show up when I play Boss sngs. When I play cash on Boss theres no problem.
tx for advice
seryks

Re: Boss HUD problem

Postby kraada » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm

This is a known issue due to the way that Boss labels their tournament windows. At this point in time we do not know when the HUD will work properly on Boss tournaments.
kraada

Postby deepspace » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am

my workaround: replay the last played hand in PT and activate "Show HUD". you have another window with HUD.. of course it does not change in MTT when you change table, and not practicable for mutlitabling ... but its better then nothing.

but somehow the boss tournament issue generates a very high CPU load - every time a boss tournament hand is imported the CPU goes up for a second or so (maybe its when PT searches for the table?) then returns to normal until the next hand is imported. is there a workaround for this?
deepspace

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:27 am

PT3 won't be looking for the Boss table because it isn't expecting to show the HUD.
It does have to store the hand in the database, though, which takes some processing. I wouldn't expect it to really load your processor, though - what sort of load are you talking about?
WhiteRider

Postby Leseb974 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:32 am

Holdem manager working with boss media MTT and SnG (Poker heaven)

Why can not you do the same thing ?

Ty for your reponse.
Leseb974

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 am

The development team do plan to add a workaround for this, but I don't know when it will be done.
WhiteRider

Postby Leseb974 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 am

I I do not want to be censorious, but I use PT3 for over 2 years, and it makes as much time as you say you are working on.

Is this really your concern?

I'm beginning to doubt ...

If I can help you by sending you the hand histories or test a beta version, you can count on me, but thank you for telling me no more mass .
Leseb974

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 am

I know that the development team have spoken about it, and that they have a plan - I'm told this should be implemented towards the end of the year but I'll keep pushing for it.
WhiteRider

Postby deepspace » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 am

hi,

about the performance issue with boss tournaments. CPU usage caused by pokertracker.exe with just one boss tournament table open and playing goes up to ~50% for a few seconds after a hand is played and import starts. i do not have any issues with 8 boss cashgame tables or 12 stars cg tables or any other tournament tables open. intel E8400 3GHz, 2GB ram, vista 32 bit, 1.5 year old system..

i just read that in 3.07.5 beta "•Hud: No longer available on Replayer while import is running ". that means i cannot look at stats during a boss tournament anymore by opening the last hand played in the replayer with HUD (without stopping import, thats not an option). any idea how to workaround or a fix will be available?
deepspace

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:56 am

Having the HUD in the Replayer while import was running was causing severe problems, hence its removal. We are investigating ways to add support for it back in but I do not know how likely it is we will have a solution for that soon.

You should be able to create a custom report though which shows all statistics on players who have had hands imported on them very recently - would that report be sufficient for you?
kraada

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]