PT4 on Mac with bootcamp

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT4 on Mac with bootcamp

Postby knircky » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:40 am

i have been running PT4 on new macbook using bootcamp+W7 but i keep having contection problems with NJ poker sites that seem to go away when i play on OSX. so i installed PT4 in OSX and it also seems to be a bit faster on OSX.

1) what is the easiest way to HHs from W7 database imported into OSX database? 2) can i just use OSX set up and use for my database on both W7 and OSX as i may sometime like to play on each? 3)is there a performace advantage to running PT4 in OSX or am I imagining things?
knircky

Re: PT4 on Mac with bootcamp

Postby kraada » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:06 am

(1) You can either just copy the hand histories over to OS X and reimport, or export from Windows (via Database -> Export Hands), move over the resulting files and import those.

(2) Sure. You can also set up PostgreSQL on OS X so that Windows can access it -- see this tutorial for details on how to configure that setup.

(3) It might be that the database is a bit smaller -- there shouldn't be a particular difference between the two.
kraada

Re: PT4 on Mac with bootcamp

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 am

I've heard from a developer that my third answer was not quite accurate. Due to the way compilers work, it apparently is possible that PT4 will be snappier on the Mac than on the PC side because of certain expectations we can make about the hardware and improvements in compiling technology.
kraada

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]