My custom program doesn't work while PT3 is running

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

My custom program doesn't work while PT3 is running

Postby soranz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello,

I was hoping somebody could clarify a specific issue I am having when trying to run my custom program at the same time as PT3. My program needs to be able to receive keyboard input but I believe PT3 is calling some sort of app specific BlockInput() while the app (ie: poker site or table) is in the foreground which is preventing my program from functioning correctly. It is written in c++ win32. I've tried getasynckeystate, keyboard hooks and RAWINPUTDEVICE to capture the keys before PT3 blocks them to no avail... Again, each of them work fine while PT3 is off so it must be the problem. I do want to be able to run both of them without this clash. Please advise,

Thank you !
soranz

Re: My custom program doesn't work while PT3 is running

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:58 am

PT3 shouldn't be blocking any keystrokes - we deliberately don't do that so that poker sites' hotkeys still work for example. Make sure that you're running both PT3 and your program using 'run as administrator' and see if that makes any difference.
WhiteRider

Re: My custom program doesn't work while PT3 is running

Postby soranz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:39 am

Wow I can't believe I didn't try that thank you it works now.
soranz

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]